Remove splinters from toddlers feet?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help! My child has a few splinters in both feet. Running around without shoes ... argh! I was wondering if I should remove them or not. What would be the best way to go about it? I am really squeamish about pins and needles. If there is a way to do it without using one that would be useful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi monica you definately want to remove it if it dont come out it could get infected. i cant remember what exactly but ive heard soak a splinter in something and it will just come out. try google searching i think it might be either baking soda or listerine mouth wash but check before you try any of these or anything else.
  • Posted

sorry i couldnt post the link its on wikihow. search how to remove a splinter with baking soda it gives an 8 step guild
  • Posted

Thanks David. Will keep this in mind for next time. After spending the day at the pool the splinter just came out on its own. Drama oversmile
    • Posted

thats good to hear smile you should bookmark that site they have a lot of good info

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.