Removed my tonsil but still have bad breath

Posted , 3 users are following.

I removed my tonsil “had  tonsil stones “ and still have bad breath 😷 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So sorry to hear that rolleyes seems like a nightmare. I feel the same way frustrated. I dont know what it can be
    • Posted

I have done everything in the planet earth and still no solution.! It suck, I have spend more than ten thousand dollars and nothing.! Could someone help
  • Posted

I diagnosed myself and found 3 sources of bad breath...tongue, in between teeth & border of teeth and gums, tonsil stones. If you missed checking these areas, please take a look. I can say, above three areas have three different types of bad breath. Post nasal drip is what causing my tongue to be smelly as the mucus sits back on tongue and bacteria feeds on it and hence the smell comes. Same post nasal drip and saliva gets into the crevices of tonsils and sourcing the formation of tonsil stones. Food gets stuck quite often in between teeth and hence it start smelly. Don't know how to control PND. For tonsil stones, as I started avoiding milk and dairy products, the formation of stones has been decreased but not fully. I floss once and brush twice a day. Also using a mouthwash to diminish bad breath. Trying my best of ways to combat these things. If you have any knowledge of these, please do share your views.

• Posted

I have heard if you smell your floss right after you floss each tooth you can target where the smell is.  If theres a smell on the floss its tooth related/gum related the BB if its isnt then its the other theories.  That how I was able to narrow it down. Its my back teeth. Still dont understand why if the smell is in the mouth it still comes out through the nose.
    • Posted

I have done laser treatment with a doctor from New York and deep cleaning every three months.!  Had four doctor from Massgeneral hospital looking into this condition and nothing.! I do have a lot of mucus I’m thinking it may be the problem.! 
    • Posted

Ok Which doctor in NY?? Im also trying to find a cure as well and no luck for me either sadly.   I have alot of mucus too especially after dinner. In the mornings, when eating spricy foods or just in general. I thought I was getting a cold but no. I dont know what else to do either 
  • Posted

I also am seeing a GI doctor which says she dosent smell anything when I talk to her its frustrating but at work everyone runs to get gum or candy after speaking with me
    • Posted

Same here but I Told everybody at work the issue that I have.! They see to understand.! But their alway that one person that make a funny joke about my breath.! 
    • Posted

Oh wow well thats good that its not an issue at work im embarrassed to even mention it.  ok so lets compare symptoms maybe we can figure something else.  I have a weird taste coming from my front teeth receding gums the obvious BB when I floss I smell the order of poo. The odor comes out of my nose when I breath etc.  I also have a fatty liver which that could be the cause too. I have the mucus thing going. I was told I had an enlarged tonsil also. 
  • Posted

hi hector, i believe you can still get those stones because they are in the folds of the skins back there. and even though they are called stones, they are actually food and bacteria, etc hence, the bad smell.  could the smell be coming from a tooth perhaps? My daughter is 38 and still gets those and her tonsils were out when she was little. you can also get food stuck in a pocket besides a tooth so make sure you floss. well, good luck hector.
    • Posted

Hey terry, 

Thanks for the help but I floss, use mouthwash and bush my teeth every time I eat.! But the smell continue, I think I have bacteria from the tonsil stone and mucus.! 😞 

• Posted

ok So I was reading other forums for the same symptoms different people.  Some suggestions where:

-Using a Netipot to flush away the sinuses

-Using coconut oil/Sesame oil to rinse the mouth for 15-20 mins

-Using prescriptions like omeprezole metrondonzale. 

-Diet changes 

-Taking Probiotics

-Apple cidar vinegar

-Using alcohol free mouthwash

• Posted

I’m on that forums, I try everything in the book.! I when to a doctor and he gave me something stronger than omeprazole and it reduce my acid reflux what I need to do is probably change my diet.! But I don’t know what to eat.?  
    • Posted

Yea im always on the forums daily I even get badges lol Im commited, The last thing I want to do is give up because it does cross my mind to like finish this life! But I have to keep looking for something anything 
    • Posted

Well sorry to hear that,  I thought about it before but their more to life.! There’s other people that have worst thing then we do. Just enjoy your life and forget what others think. That’s what I do, I tell everyone around me even my family knows.! But one thing I do miss is clubbing and dating.! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.