Removed ridge how long for recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an arthroscopy done on my knee a week ago. The Dr told my husband that my knee was great and I'd never need TKR. He said he removed a ridge. My husband didn't ask any questions so I'm not sure exactly what was done. The MRI showed the meniscus was frayed before the surgery My question is this, my knee is still swollen and hurts to bend more than 90 degrees. My knee also feels like it is not quite stable. Like it might slip. I also heard it pop yesterday, felt it also. How long until I'm back to normal? I tried to do a normal day on Sunday and by the end of the day I was really swollen and uncomfortable. I wouldn't really call it pain, more like how a bruise feels when pushed on. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you see the ortho consultant again?

If not book a telephone consultation with your GP and ask them what the ortho consultant wrote in their discharge letter.

• Posted

Yes, I see the ortho Dr on Friday. I was just wondering if this were normal or not and how long it might take to recover. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.