Rena's Heart

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello every one - I was dx with A Flutters after a recent placement of a pace makeer in March.  I have exp shortness of breath, tirness, weakness in limbs and fast pace of my heart.  My doctor wants to do an albation; however after reading some of these blogs, I am not sure if this is the way to go.   

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with AFlutter and AFIB a couple of weeks ago after having them for 30yrs and had an ablation done.

I like you did some research and what I found was that there was great success with ablation with people with AFlutter but not so much with people who have AFIB.

I hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for replying. Do you have a pace maker.  Did the ablation help you?  What happen after the proceedure?  How long did your recovery take?   
    • Posted

No I don't have a pace maker, not yet anyway. However my doctor is talking about one because I also might have to have an ablation for my av node.

It's only been 2 weeks since the ablation. I want you to keep in mind that everyone is different and every procedure does not go the same.

It can be instant, or take days, weeks, months or even a year. For some ablations don't work the first time.

Fortunately from what your saying you only have AFlutter. From everything I've read and people I've talked to ablation for AFlutter is very successful compared to AFIB.

Keep in mind that things might even get bad for a while before it gets better. I myself have been battling SOB, chest pains, arms pains, severe PVT, AFIB and AFlutter episodes since the ablation.

I have had Heart disease since birth, had open heart surgery at 15 which is why I have so many issues.. Like I said everyone is different and the outcome will be different to.

Yesterday was bad, today was a good day!! 😊

NEVER loose HOPE!!!

• Posted

Thanks you for replying.  After reading several posting, I don't kow if this will do me any good.  I am told by my doc that if I don't have the sugery; that I could have problems down the road.  I now have SOB and feel tire constantly.  But like you said i have some good days.  I hope you continue to have good days ans mady God be with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.