Renal patient and menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a renal patient and cause the dialysis takes the vitamin out of my body and I am having my menopause should I take b6 and b12 I am taking memo pace and ensure drink

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim, I am a dialysis nurse. You should be taking a renal vitamin such as renal cap which is full of b vitamins and folate. You should be taking your vitamins after dialysis so you don't dialize them off and you should be fine.

• Posted

Thank you for your help my renal doctor and nurse don't care I had it bad with menopause and dialysis I am on ensure cause not eating and menopace vitamin I do apd over night 8 hours should I take in morning when come off machine

• Posted

Sorry you feel that way about your medical professionals. You shouldn't have to feel this way, they should be helping you more. Yes , you should take in the am then. PD not as bad as hemp in dialyzing off vitamins, but nonetheless, taking them after is always better. Hope you start to feel better soon. If there is anything else I can help with, I am here.😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.