Renal TB

Posted , 3 users are following.

My father 67 year old has been diagnosed with renal TB and started with first line of treatment (INH)(RIF)(EMB)(PZA), initially he had several side effects rashes, allergy, breathlessness and fever ...though post 12 days of treatment today the above side effects are controlled though not resolved completely BUT he has completely lost his appetite and feels nausea even after having respective medicines..he at times skip meals altogether and so as any liquids stating he feels full...he no longer speaks to anyone and prefer to left alone ...he isn't sure what exactly he feels..

He was better before treatment but only with 12 days into treatment he seems to have too much ..how long does this stay when can we expect his appetite will be back? Is his case normal or there is something wrong with protocol made which is ignored?

Please advice on same and any guidance or experience will be helpful and also if there is any way to track progress which might boost his stamina to fight?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I understand what both you and your father are going through, I think the loss of appetite is definitely a part of the mental aspect of the disease he is fighting but also a side effect of the medication and the illness itself. Tb is a serious and draining disease, be it in the intestinal area, the lungs or the renal area. As to what you can do about it, I would suggest getting him into a routine 3-5 meals a day all organic starting with oats, I would imagine he'll find it hard at first, persistance is key, 1 cup of Oats has the right amount of beta glucan to help fight infection and give energy, I would start everyday with that id suggest 4/5 Brazil nuts with that as the selenium in the nuts provide selenium, another vital component of fighting infection and flushing the liver. Juicing would be a good idea, one or two raw vegetable juices per day, fruit can be added for taste.

There is no hard and fast rules for fighting infection but selenium, beta glucan, GTF chromium and silica are all excellent choices and essential for the body. Keeping the liver clear and running properly is the key. I'd also suggest milk thistle a well known supplement for the liver.

The only real advice I can give you is start with the diet, heal the body, with your dad struggling to eat its most likely because he has accepted his disease and the side effects of both the disease and medicine, it will run him down, he needs natural energy and routine I'd suggest looking into natural remedies in homeopathy for energy and vitality as its a good place to start and I know of a few people who cured themselves of tb when doctors wrote them off (without medication) I'm not suggesting to stop the meds, they have worked for many people and changing paths drastically will do no one any good, I am suggesting adopting a new look and giving the body a fighting chance to allow the medicine to attack the disease while keeping all the good cells intact with some of the things I mentioned.

Hope all picks up for you both.

• Posted

The only real way for your dad to get his energy and vitality for life back is to actually get it through food and drinks, he must eat clean wholefoods that will give him energy, to get him eating routine will be the key. Routine, a family support structure and something to keep him motivated and energised, unfortunately I don't know your dad as a person to know what that is, for some it may be voluntary work with people or maybe working on building small items in a work shop or playing chess, or making household items, I'm not sure but I felt I needed to elaborate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.