Renal Ultrsound done this morning

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Everyone

So I had a renal ultrasound done this morning. Technition didn’t say a word one way or the other, I know they can’t. Anyways I tried looking at screen but couldn’t see much. I think I saw a small white round thing in one kidney, and then some colors on the screen. However I have no idea what colors mean either. If it is a small stone can I do anything to move it along quicker. I know some people have said they have stones in their kodneys for years. I would like to get pregnant and not worry about the stone. Thanx again! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Why do you suspect a stone? Are you having pain or other symptoms? Yes, the waiting is the hardest part( R.I.P. Tom Petty cheesygrin). You may have seen a stone, but you also may have seen nothing. I think you need to hear from the tech even though it sucks waiting. I think your best move at this point, is to chug water. Tons and tons of water! Small stones can pass spontaneously. It happened to me when I was about 21. A small stone shot out of my dong while I was peeing. No pain. No sign at all that I even had a stone. I felt it leave me and I heard it hit the toilet bowl. Try not to worry and keep us posted as to your results.

• Posted

I'm sorry, I just realized that you posted the other topic. So, yes you do have pain sad I hope it's small if it's a stone? Any chance you're already pregnant?

• Posted

Nope no chance I’m pregnant! I just don’t know how long it will take to pass if it is a stone.....I was so looking fwd to trying to get pregnant. I’m beyond petrified of the pain that is gonna come. Everyone that says stone they go it is so painful. 
    • Posted

Im worried what if they saw a tumor??? Please the thoughts that go thru my mind are terrible. Do u have any idea what the colors mean? 
    • Posted

Well, I am no expert, but I think ultrasounds are black and white. So, if you saw color, it probably was just the angle at which you were looking at the screen. I've never heard of colors on any scan, xray, what have you. In short, water is your friend. If you want to create a small human, you should not be denied that. If it's a stone, and if it's small, any doctor is just going to tell you to drink lots of water. So, shake a leg missy! biggrin Water should make it pass if it's a stone. Get some pain meds though. Don't be a hero. The pain can be bad, but meds are effective. Tumors are very rare. Have your partner hold you. It helps. It will be ok.

• Posted

Thank you for thé advice, although I am freaking myself out cause my friend was telling me if it is a kidney stone and it’s in the kidney it doesn’t hurt. It hurts when it starts to travel out. So of course I googled and then found a horrible list of why I might be having kidney pain. They are all very scarey!!!!! I’m beyond nervous. 

• Posted

Yes, googling health symptoms is a risky endeavor. I discovered my last stone when it started to travel out of the kidney. When it first leaves the kidney and enters the ureter, there's a hump it has to go over. But, once it clears that hump and is in the ureter, it travels down toward the bladder. Once in the bladder, as my doctor put it, "you're home free". Yes, you still have to pee it out, which can hurt, but at that point, it's almost over. When do you get your results back? You could buy some Chanca Piedra "Stone Breaker". Mix it with water. It helps break stones apart and/or softens them. My stone ordeal lasted 5 weeks. But, I would go a whole week with no pain at all. I am a total wuss and I made it through, so I know you can too. As for the other stuff you're reading.... I don't know you, but I'm guessing you are young and healthy, so the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor that it is a simple problem that will pass(even if it is a stone). I know a guy that passed 1 stone when he was about 55. Hasn't had one since and he is about 65 now. And maybe it's not even a stone. There are plenty of less harmful things it could be. Please don't make yourself crazy worrying so much. Hang in there. And stop reading googlerolleyes

• Posted

You can most definitely feel pain when the stone is in the kidney. Not everyone, but a select few of us seem to be symptomatic. I had horrible flank, back and abdominal pain that was so generalized, I couldn't say where it originated. But it was bad enough that if I was over-active (long walks, brisk house-cleaning), I would be bed-ridden for days. I didn't find out I had a kidney stone until after I was first screened for gynecological issues, then referred to a gastroenterologist who performed a colonoscopy and an upper endoscopy. Once she cleared gastro issues, she sent me to a radiologist for a barium x-ray and a CT scan because she thought it might be hip/joint related. Low and behold, there it was...a large kidney stone sitting in my left kidney. Once I had it treated and out of my body, the pain was gone. Oddly enough, my next stones we're in my right kidney and I didn't have a problem until I was on my way to the ER from the sudden onset of extreme pain (not as bad as child birth). My latest stone was once again in the left kidney and that same back, flank and stomach pain with it. Not sure why, but my left kidney does not tolerate the presence of stones. Also, while lemon juice can help...the biggest thing is drinking enough water. My urologist wants me drinking 120 oz a day to keep the debris moving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.