Reoccuring cysts and pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had many cysts on my left ovary of the past couple years. My doc said I have PCOS and put me on BC. I was on BC for over a year to help regulate my periods, which I rarely ever get... Maybe 2-3 a year and to reduced the thickening in my endometrium. During this whole time I have suffered with extreme left ovary pain.

Lately the pain has been changing, I have pain shooting from my ovary into my vagina and anus ecspecially while sitting. Bad pain after sex. Alot of clear mucousy discharge. And an increase in urination. I am just kind of wondering is this normal? I had an ultrasound about 6 months ago and had no cyst at the time... Im seeing my family DR in 2 weeks and wonder if I should ask for more thorough tests? Did Anybody have these symptoms ? What did you do to fix it?!

Any help is appreciated. smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nicole,

Sorry to hear about the pain you’re in.

The pain sounds similar to what I had last year and what I have now (waiting to get another ultrasound) . ** I get a period every month but it hurts, I don’t have endometriosis so it’s not that, I only have one ovary due to dermoid cysts (right ovary had a 23cm cyst so lost the whole thing) **. 

I had an urgent operation last year because my left ovary (and only ovary) was twisting (think it’s called ovarian torsion).  Maybe ask if the pain could be caused through that?.

I hope you find out what’s happening smile

• Posted

Hi. I'm sorry to jump on your thread but I posted 're ovarian pain. It's like a pulling sensation and I've been having problems with my bowels too. Is this all related to ovarian cysts? I just keep Dr googling and nothing really helps so I wanted a "real" persons perspective.

• Posted

I dont know, I have had many ultrasounds that show I dont have any cysts yet I continue to have the pain. So with or without cysts it is always hurting.

At this point I am ready to tell them to take my ovary out its so bad.

• Posted

I had a 6 cm ovarian cyst removed almost 3 weeks ago.  I had this colicky intermittent pain that would come and go on my ovary for months.  When it came it would be a constant nagging pain ( kinda throbbed).  It would stay for a few hours and then go away. This happened for many months then one Day it got so severe I couldn’t walk,  I thought I had appendicitis?, it was constant pain, it hurt to lift my leg or extreme pain with driving over a bump.  They pain wouldn’t go away.  That’s when I went to the Er and they found the cyst which was twisting intermittently  and I had surgery to remove the cyst ovary and tube soon after.   It was torture because my dr made me wait almost 2 weeks to see if it would go down ( which happens often) to avoid surgery because I had a lot of scar tissue from 3 previous abdominal surgeries.   But ended up benign blood cyst and I have Endometriosis 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.