Reoccuring symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been to my drs many of times with symptoms that keep reoccuring, but I feel I never get anyway and come away feeling like I've wasted their time.

For a couple of years now I've suffered with itchy skin. When it flairs up it's unbearable. Everytime I go to the drs I just get told it's a rash!!! The last time I went my back was covered in an itchy rash. It started in the middle, it felt really thick the rash. Then it spread across my back, i'd itch and itch until it would bleed. That lasted about 3 months and ever since that flair up I've had terrible middle back pain. Now I've started again with an itchy rash on my side which is now spreading across stomach. I have random bruising from time to time too. I also have a moveable small lump in my groin area. A couple of years ago I lost my sight for a few months which was never really investigated, just left a question mark on my file and told it was due to a virus!

I've never had blood tests or anything and to be honest although I feel like I should go drs, I know I will get told it's nothing...yet again! Any thoughts? Or anyone experienced similar?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like your doctor should have at least ordered a CBC test. Maybe you can find a private lab in your area. Private labs can't give you suggestions on what tests to get done. I'd start off with a CBC package, liver panel, comprehensive metabolic and maybe check for lipase and amylase.

• Posted

• I don't have exactly what you're experiencing, but for about 7 months now I've had a generalized itching feeling on my skin. Mostly my hands, arms, and neck. I feel itchy and scratch and then it gets really red and hives appear, and it takes about 30 min to go back down to normal.
    • I've seen my GP and a dermatologist, and done blood tests, and their best guess is that it's just stress related -_- I do have anxiety issues so it's not unbelievable... It's definitely not any kind of allergy to detergent or anything bc it's like it's IN my skin. Like even if I bump up against something and scratch my arm, the scratch mark will become puffy and red as if an allergic reaction is happening.
    • It's annoying, I hope it is just anxiety/stress and nothing more... =/ Hopefully you figure out your situation as well. I'd definitely recommend going back to ur Dr and demanding blood tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.