Reoccurrence ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. I hope someone out there might be in a similar situation to me ..

So in early 2015 I had a bad case of mono. It really defected my liver at the time. I stayed in bed for just once a month to recover. The  fatigue (falling asleep all the time) lasted a month or so after all install symptoms went away and the night sweats were the last symptom to go.

Now fast forward to September 2017 when I get a cold that’s quite bad, although don’t take time off from work. The cold was bad but nowhere near my symptoms with mono (no fever or swollen throat) but The exhaustion happened again as I recovered from the cold, and lasted a month or so - with me falling asleep all the time. Then the night sweats began again too and they’ve remained off and on since then. I have been dealing with a huge amount of personal stress this last year and the night sweats seem to get worse dirinng stress. And since sept I’ve caught eveybcold going round at work. 

Because the night sweats I associate with my bout of mono, is it possible it’s recativing now during this stressful period for me? Has anyone else experienced the night sweats come back way after initial infection? Or symptoms similar to the initial infection years later? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina,

Really sorry to hear you've been going through such a tough time. Just want you to know I empathise. I had mono and had some mini relapses in the first few year afterwards, but nothing as bad as at the time thankfully. Sometimes I got a bit of sweating too, I think that can be normal - if it's excessive of course do see the doc. Stress is definitely a trigger, I found that too and really hoping everything settles down.

Just want you to know things improve as time goes on with this, it was 10-11 years ago I had mono and after the initial horrible year and a few relapes in the one or two years afterwards, things have thanks to God been more settled since then - really hoping and praying this can be the case for you too, hang in there and remember there is hope.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks so much for the response Craig. 

Yeah what I’m mainly concerned about now are the night sweats sad they’re really extreme. I just woke up from one now as we speak. They started about again as I mentioned in September 2017 when I had a bad cold, and then calmed down but never fully went away.  Right now they’re really bad, although I do have a cold and have had more personal crises to deal with this last month.

I don’t even really want to say it but night sweats can be a symptom of something far worse, which I mentioned to my dr the other day so they are testing for it. I did an x Ray and will be doing a scan soon, and next week doing blood tests

I’m hoping it’s just stress or related to the mono because these sweats happened each night when I had that too. And lasted maybe a month or 2 after all other symptoms had gone. 

• Posted

Hi Tina,

You've done the right things going and get tests, try not to panic because night sweats can be part of any virus or illness, it's just that because it can be associated with other things these are the things that crop to mind - relaly hoping everything will settle soon and just hang in there, it sounds awful to have to go through, it very much could be the mono reactivation causing this, thinking of you and really hoping things settle soon Tina.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig. For your support to me here and your ongoing support to many others on this post. How are you doing now concerning your past mono? X
    • Posted

Thanks also Tina, grateful for your kind words. Regarding my past mono I am fine thanks to God's healing, but I have been having a tough time lately with back pain and prostatitis for some time and it's been getting me down as well, so I do know what it's like to be going through something at the moment it's so hard Tina but still thinking of you and hoping we can all pull through this safe and sound.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.