Reoccurrence of rectocele 6 months after surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had surgery 6 months ago and now the rectocele has reoccurred. I have an appointment with my surgeon in a couple of weeks. In everything I read I expected to have symptoms reappear in about 2 years. Has anyone had theirs to reoccur?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Bren I just came on here to see if anyone else was experiencing this and I saw your post.

I'm 11 weeks post op and my rectocele is back!

Seems like my surgery was a terrible idea as I'm having so many more problems since I've had it.

I really hope you get somewhere with your surgeon, obviously it's possible for it to not work but it's just not ideal to have to go through another surgery to do the repair again.

Rachael

• Posted

i had rectocele surgery two years ago next month and mine has returned

• Posted

😭😭😭😭😭

girls, I'm so sorry for y'all and scared for me.

11 days post op and I feel the like I have it again.

I'm also, VERY stinky🤢

even right after shower or bath. stinky. i never have been stinky, ive torn with my kids before and had stitches, never any stink.

will y'all go back to your surgeons?

• Posted

Bren, I've never trad that we EXPECT to have symptoms again in 2 years!!

Who told you?

I would not have had this surgery if I was gonna get it 2 yrs later l😭

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.