Reoccurring Chest Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have had chest pain, started in September and went to the ER followed up by a few appointments and told me it wasn't anything related to my heart. They diagnosed me with Tietze syndrome and my symptoms went away in Mid October but are now back. I get these electrical type pains around my entire rib cage and get a blood rush that causes a hot flash and tingling in my extremities. Sometimes I just get almost a tightness that causes almost a gasp feeling, tightness in my throat, shortness of breath, almost like when trying to catch a breath in extreme cold is a similar experience I've had. I also get a mild burning sensation in my chest when I don't have the electrical feeling episode's. Sometimes I go hours with no symptoms and it appears, nothing obvious seems to trigger it. I have just kind of dealt with it and strenuous exercise doesn't seem to exacerbate it at all, just seems random. Can Tietze Syndrome or Costochondritis cause this or could this be anxiety/panic. Doctors just keep saying it's not my heart or lungs but not what it could actually be, any guidance would be helpful.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

I find repetitive lifting even a full kettle. Arms raised up lifting from high shelves etc seems to set off my centre chest pain along with shortness of breath I have had this on off for over a year I haven't been able to see a dr due to covid. Just recently the pain has gotten more intense along with longer spells of shortness of breath.

It can feel very scary. Do you have pain when you press on your chest bone or ribs as this can be a sign of costo mine use to play up once in a while but recently its been almost constant. I think stress can make it worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.