Reoccurring scar tissue on submandibular gland

Posted , 1 user is following.

After on and off swelling of my lower left jaw (under my chin) I was referred to an ENT who did an ultrasound, saw no stone but saw that scar tissue had built up at the opening of the saliva gland. Doc also saw that I was tongue-tied and said that caused the scar tissue. So a month ago I had surgery to release my tongue-tie and do a sialendoscopy of my submandibular gland. All went well and Dr removed the scar tissue and no stones found. Went back to the Dr today bc under my chin on the left side had swelled up. Dr said that scar tissue had built back up, so he dilated the gland and cut a small opening at  of the saliva gland. I've been told to suck on sour candies every hour and drink plenty of fluids and to come back in two weeks or sooner if it starts getting blocked. 

Anyone one else have this trouble? Looking for ways to keep scar tissue from forming and what your Dr did to keep it from happening again! TIA! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.