Reoccurring stomach pain, happens every few months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get really painful discomforting stomach pain every few months. 

It isn t really concentrated in one place. 

It lasts for 3-5 hours and near the end I vomit, and the pain is relieved shortly. 

Heat, like hot showers, is the only thing that helps, as home remedies and bowel movement don t do anything, and I can t ever get myself to vomit before the end. 

But, I can t take a three hour hot shower. 

Any ideas on what this could be? It s been bothering me for years.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

IBS?  Ask your doctor for an endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT, ultrasound, stool tests for h pylori and fecal calprotectin to look for IBD.  Ask for a celiac test. If all these are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.
  • Posted

You need to see a doc please.

With your description of symtoms

I would rather think of ABDOMINAL MIGRAINE!

or intestinal hereditary angioedema.

Of course it can be anything else, the 'abdominal field' is unfortunately huge.

btw:

IBS does not really fit into your symptoms,

first there are key symptoms in patient history like pain, diarrhoe or constipation and bloating, then

the pain is relieved by defecation (which it is not in your case!)

and

change in stool frequency or change in form of stool.

IBS is ongoing for weeks usually too -as a patient history of onset-, not just for hours every few months before being careful what triggers could be.

Secondly IBS is an exclusion diagnose, after everything had been toroughly tested.  

I know people, who were IBS labelled too quickly and actully had IBD in their small intestine, which couldn't be reached with colonoscopy or a parasite found with flushing and PCR testing or a sorbitol malabsorbtion found.

Of course if all those are not the case, IBS has its rightful place.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Thank you guys for your help! I for sure could see it being abdominal migranes, but I'll probably go see a doctor when I get the chance.
    • Posted

Yes please, because if it was abdominal migraine it can be treated. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.