reoccurring threadworms since childhood

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am based in Australia, and although I can't entirely pinpoint (I hate how that sounds like a pun) when the infection began I know it was sometime when I was 8 or so, maybe earlier. I am still young now and have had this infection continuously reoccur ever since my first experience YEEEEAAARS ago. I don't know what caused it but what I know is that this has caused me great stress and depression for my future. I have tried multiple medications, starting with these chocolates that meant to treat worms. They worked for a little while but eventually they stopped working entirely. This has happened with multiple medications I have had (I need to look for the actual names of everything), and the pain of this makes me quite emotional and disheartened. I am going to try my best to get the best medication possible and be even more hygienic, but a medication called Ivermectin has become difficult to access because of politics involving the covid pandemic. I am also quite constipated, so I will be trying this high fiber drink to see if that's the problem. But overall, this crap is so terribly difficult to handle emotionally. I still have so many years left to live, and there is a hope still in me, but its difficult. May God bless all that might be going through the same hell as me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.