reoccurring uti for a year

Posted , 2 users are following.

so ive been getting utis like once a month for about a year and idk what to do anymore. i just took antibiotics and they didnt work. Ive been stressed about herpes but i tested positive for a uti. like whenever i have uti pain i have a uti (i have testing strips at home) anyone have an issue like this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

ive had it once a month for three months the first two went away with nitrofuratoin for three days, then this time ive have the uti for fove weeks and still havent managed to get rid of it im on my third round of antibiotics because the other two didnt work. have your urine samples came back with the type of bacteria causing the UTI, mine is ecoli so nitrofuratoin is supposed to work the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.