Reoccurring Vaginal Irritatio

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have had reoccurring vaginal itching (inner and outer) every month during and around my period for the past year, never any discharge or odor. my OBGYN has prescribed me diflucan several times and then my culture comes back negative for BV or yeast. I have made many lifestyle changes including dye free detergent, scent free soap, decreased sugar intake, switched to non latex condoms, only use organic feminine products and only wear cotton.

I have only been diagnosed with yeast infection once, all of the other times I've gone to OBGYN for irritation results came back negative.

Not sure what else to do. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add that I have tried boric acid suppository in the past and tried taking probiotics

• Posted

have you tried oral probiotics or vaginal probiotics - perhaps a dermatologist or thyroid or hormones - drink lots of water - hypoallergenic toliet paper

walking around no underwear and just use plain water for vagina - try Repagyn over the counter

• Posted

excellent suggestion. i use Femex Forte, a vaginal flora supplement. would def go the holistic route, look at probiotics, including kombucha etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.