Reoccurring vaginal tear

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Since around February I have had a pretty bad tear that keeps retearing during sex.

My boyfriend and I used to have sex almost everyday... it first started I felt pain during sex on the right side. I would ignore it. It felt really raw and like someone was taking a knife to my vagina. Sometimes there would be a little blood.  I decided to look  last month and I had a very large 1-1cm gash.  It healed in about a week and the skin looked normal. I had sex again and it re tore. I let it heal for over two weeks and as soon as we had sex it tore again... used lots of lube but my boyfriend looked and it was split again.  

Why is this not healing. If I can attach a picture I will... 

On a side note, I haven't got my period yet this month. It's almost two weeks late? Could the problem be related to hormone imbalance? I am not pregnant. I did a test

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Such tears can be very difficult to heal. I had one that on the skin at the back of the vaginal entrance. Every time I had sex it would reopen, even if it had visibly healed. The problem is that the skin there becomes weaker and weaker every time it re-tears. Another problem is that if you abstain from sex for a long period your vagina becomes less used to being stretched and the first time you have sex again the pull on the sikin can cause a tear again. It’s a no win situation. What I did was abstain from sex, let the tear visibly heal then, still abating from sex I massaged the area with coconut oil (you could also use olive oil) to keep the skin supple. I gradually increased the duration and pressure of the massage to toughen up the skin but making sure not to tear it. I also used vagainal dilators (a set of plastic dildos of different sizes) which you insert and leave in for a while while you relax, gradually increasing the size. Then I started putting my hubby in again, but only the tip at first, then a little bit further in each time. Slow and gradual is the key. I haven’t had a tear since.

Unfortunately some women are susceptible to tears which can be difficult to get rid of. 

If you have an infection, that can make the skin more fragile. Is there any chance you have thrush?

You also need to be careful not to get an infection in the tear. My GP gave me trimovate cream which I used while it healed, which prevents infection.

• Posted

Hi, check out essential oils for your problem, lots of info online, essential oils have many healing properties, Peppermint, Frankincense, Cypress, Tea Tree, plus some others are all good essential oils, don't use NEAT, you mix them with a carrier oil like sweet almond oil or Johoba oil, ratio 2 drops essential oil to 1 teaspoon carrier oil, you can use essential oils in combination, Peppermint may sting slightly but it seems to work good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.