repairing tendon is swollen but is the new growth between the ends thinner at first.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Im into my fifth week of non surgical repair and think I'm going ok but one can't tell until out of the boot and having seen the doctor. I know my tendon is re attached ok because I can see my calf muscle working and can gently pull on a theraband. But I gently massage the repair and can feel that the new tendon is thinner than the two ruptered ends. I would think it would be thinner than the swollen ends as it grows but it would be good to have assurance from other sufferers who may or may not have noticed the same as I.

Good luck

Tony

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've not had any replies on this question. There aren't a lot people on this tendon board and I dont suppose people actually feel for any regrowth. As it happens the tendon is thickening out at the repair point so hopefully its just the way it heals and I see the doc next week so hopefuly all will be well. I'm still in the boot with only two wedges now and walking in and around the house with no crutches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.