46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Must have ben a glitch now my comments are back will keep an eye on it so they dont disappear again
  • Posted

I have been on a similar drug called Praluent which is injected every 2 weeks.  After 2 months my ldl was 25, helped 65, triglycerides 95 but I was weak and tired. My cardiologist called and told me my cholesterol was too low.  My body wouldn't make hormones 3 separate testosterone (which was normal before) were below normal levels.  I could continue on praluent, have low cholesterol but be exhausted all the time or get testosterone replacement therapy which may have its own cardiac risks

still deciding.  Not convinced high cholesterol is the culprit more likely inflammation

• Posted

Wow that is too low,low colesteral can caus problems,sure you need a cholesterol med??????
    • Posted

Meant for person above my comment
  • Posted

Statins ruined my health, caused extreme neuropathy for the past 15 years. Now it has gone into my internal organs.  I was prescribed practically all of the statin drugs, one after another when I couldn't tolerate the one I was taking! Can I say "Stupid!" I am now on Repatha, having just taken my 4th injection 2 days ago.  I am just now putting 2 and 2 together!  Woke this morning and can hardly walk! Feels like my leg muscles just won't work! This happened before but got better so I thought it was just part of my neuropahty. Now I am seeing that it is probably the Repatha! I'm wondering if Repatha has any of the ingredients of Statins?

• Posted

Hi Ray - you can google 'How Repatha Works' and it will give you the info. There are formulas involved. Meantime, my chemist (the only one who seemed concerned about what statins were doing to me) told me that if I experienced shin or leg pain to stop taking the drug immediately. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.