46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi again Voo - Bill and Lisa have my vote. I have never felt better since throwing away the Lipitor/Rampiril/Bisoprolol and the aspirin and firing the quack. The only real side effect now is the outrage that doctors are allowed to poison people with impunity.

I don't care if Repatha owns a castle, runs a 2 minute mile and has Streisand singing its praises. I am back to The Way I Was.

• Posted

Glad you are,doing well! The press and doctors have statins as the cure all for EVERYTHING now days. That really boils my blood. I keep seeing dollar signs for the drug companies while people suffer from this bias reporting of random studies backed by pharmaceutical companies.
    • Posted

Hi :Lee - I totally agree with you. And along with the massive wealth the pharmas have created with the poison called statins is the fact they are setting vulnerable people up for even more chronic and debilitating illnesses in the future i.e. alzheimers,renal problems, liver problems and the muscle wasting disease called rhabdomyelosis - to name just a few. The business model for pharmas is to ensure that every single human on the planet is reliant on at least one of their products. Just evil.

I hope you are doing well yourself, Lee.

• Posted

Hello Wayne I`m very pleased that you are now well, it gives me hope, but I do find it hard to get rid of the anger I feel.
    • Posted

Talk about anger. I was put on crestor in 2004 after a heart bypass. I changed gp 5 months ago and the first thing he did was stop the crestor. He's done his own research and said the pharmaceuticals lied to everybody. I've had excruciating pain for years and it has gotten worse each year. Hopefully , it may subside , at least enough to lead some kind of life. May be permanent now though. So everyone should simply say no to all statins and statin related drugs. Not worth the misery.

• Posted

At last a doctor that admits about statins. Keep that doc,they are hard to find.
    • Posted

He also took all his patients off statins and apologized for ever prescribing them in the first place. Ex U.S. Air Force doctor. Just wish I had gone to him in 2010 , when I first met him.
    • Posted

Hi again Voo - yes I suffer tidal waves of anger when I stop to think about how debilitated I became after 2 years @ 80 mg of Lipitor while my doctor denied any of the snowballing conditions that appeared. I have contemplated writing him a letter describing what he did and demanding to know what happened to his hippocratic oath. It would require much editing, but the expletives would be correctly spelt, lol.
    • Posted

Hi Portacrean - so sorry to read you are still suffering the effects of the doctors negligence. It is now a year since I ceased taking statins - against the doctors advice of course - and I am still dealing with side effects though they are greatly diminished. When i read posts like yours I am enraged all over again because of the unnecessary complications you have to endure and not knowing if the statins have sown the seed for other complications down the road. 

Hoping you find the sunshine soon.

• Posted

My only real sunshine will come from making pharmaceuticals pay for what these intentionally hidden from doctors and patients. It won't happen in the U.S. but maybe England. Our F.D.A. and docs are too scared to confront big money pharma. But it's not the doctors fault , I don't believe. They are just naive , believing what the pharmaceuticals tell them. It's the F.D.A.s job however to right the wrongs. That's not gonna happen. Too much money from lobbyists to lose. Trying to look on the bright side of this, if there is one.
  • Posted

I am statin intolerant and started Repatha about 5 months ago.  The results have been nothing short of amazing.  My good cholesterol almost doubled and my bad cholesterol dropped 75% in three months.  I actually think my bad cholesterol might be too low and will be asking my doctor about injecting only once a month instead of every other week, which is the normal schedule. The nurse at my doctor's office said all of their patients are getting fantastic results.  I have not had any side effects that I have noticed and all of my lab results (not just lipid and hepatic panels) are excellent.
  • Posted

It would be nice to hear from patients who have experience with Repatha.
    • Posted

Everything ive read on the net says its used with a Statin
    • Posted

My reading says "Repatha...is approved for use in addition to diet and maximally-tolerated statin."  My maximally-tolerated statin is zero.  Also, I don't know anyone taking Repatha with a statin.  Lastly, I had to provide proof of statin intolerance in order to get on the Repatha program.  I suggest you talk with your physcian and cardiologist.
    • Posted

To me max tolerated statin is high dose. I did google this and no thanks. Also the numbers from patient reviews that i read were too low. Too low is not good. Hope the med works well for you but im not interested.
    • Posted

Also who else do u know that takes this since its so new? I dont believe you ever said how someone with even a decent income could afford this,it would wipe us out.
    • Posted

Who else do u know thats on this med if its so new?
    • Posted

Toi low a choelesteral reading is not healthy!!
    • Posted

I posted several responses to you the last half hour interesting how they disappeared off site
    • Posted

Shows how crazy the Internet is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.