Repeat Uti

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have any of you been suffering from repeat uti's? Since July of last year this has been my third one! Do any of you know of herbal remedies that treat the infection? I'm tired of taking antibiotics. I am sensitive to medicine and usually have reactions to the side effects. I am so tired of these crazy peri symptoms! 😩😩

😩

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there. I used to have them a lot.  I find if I drink lotsa water it helped me at that time.  They just went away.  xxoo
  • Posted

Hi Sharcerv,

I am absolutely fed up of uti's. I have just got over one that had not cleared up from the one before! I was put on three day course of antibiotics followed by a weeks course of a different sort that I had to stop because they gave me diarrhoea. As a result of the antibiotics I got thrush.

I phoned the doctor last Sunday and she told me to stop taking the antibiotics. She also advised me to not take a bath too often but to shower. Something to do with upsetting our internal bacterial balance. I love my baths they relax me but now I can't have them so often.

I have begun taking cranberry capsules. These are supposed to help prevent uti's. Apparently cranberry juice is full of sugar so doesn't work that well. Drinking plenty is always advisable and on a personal level the doctor said if you have sex make sure you have a good wee after. Sorry if that's too much info!!

Hope this is of some help.

Helen.

• Posted

Are you sure it is a UTI ? 

I use to feel this alot in peri, and when tested it was not always a UTI, even had a cystoscopy to check all was okay, instead it was a sensitive bladder, feels like a UTi but wasnt, flucutating hormones can cause it, and it can be a muscle spasm, i was given some tablets to take when this occurred and they were brill, took as and when.

i remember when i was in mid peri, always feeling the urge to pee, and not really any urgency once at loo, this went on for a couple of years, drove me mad, use to go off to do shopping and i would be looking for a loo first, now this has passed thank goodness.

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jayneejay i have to have a cystoscopy on monday does it hurt and do they tell you the results,i think its ibs not my kidney but we see.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Trudy

No it doesnt hurt, didnt hurt me anyway, just relax .

As for do they tell you your results, depends .. I asked .. ' said does all look ok' and he said yes.

Some may not say and say see your doctor when they send result back to doc.

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Trudy

I had one it depends how relaxed you are because when I had one i was tight and boy did it hurt me. Some ladies can take it like pros and yes they do tell you the results of the test. 

You will be fine and just relax yourself because if you tighten up like I do then it will hurt. 

• Posted

Thanks peeps i just worry it starts somthing off i already had UTI dont want any more.

I let you no how it goes yeek wish me luck x

• Posted

Yep I was diagnosed with one today. Iv been suffering with acid indegestion too. So fed up now. I think my IBS has raised it ugly head also.
    • Posted

Hi mojo.

I also get the acid indigestion too. I've also got very achy ribs. I don't know if this is a symptom of peri or not. Oh the joys of being a woman. Not.

Helen.

• Posted

Hi

I also use to get acid reflux in peri, nothing off the shelf shifted it,

Here if i have it i take Omeprazol 20mg, its gone in half hour, 😀

Jay x

• Posted

Forgot to say, if your taking any other prescription drugs though, check they do not interact with omeprazol, or omeprazole depending which country your in .

Jay x

• Posted

Hi i had acid reflux in peri no sore ribs i get that now in post i took omeprazol and it worked for me also peppermint tea is brill xx

• Posted

Yes I never got uti's outside of when I've been pregnant until now with peri. The antibiotics upset my digestion and appetite.

Yes, Jay it is a uti. I have test strips at home. I also get heartburn /indigestion. Didn't have that till peri. I take Zantac it's the only one that works for me and I've tried protonix, prevacid, omeprazole none of them do the trick.

Helen, I get that rib thing too, right under the beast. It's called costochronditis which is an inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs. They say that the only thing that helps alleviate the discomfort is ibuprofen.

Oh the joys of peri! I think I will literally throw a party once I'm post menopausal. Lol!

• Posted

I have had a couple of UTI's and I have a sensitive bladder.  I take D-Mannose. Supposed to help.  I have not had a UTI since xmas but the sensitivity continues.  I was also advised to wear cotton underwear, keep pubic hair short due to build up of bacteria and take a well woman probiotic.  Not tried the probioti yet. Good luck because it is not nice.  I will throw a party too.  I am in the menopause so been through some of it already but at it's hieght now I think. Just wish it was over.  Good luck.XXX
    • Posted

Hi Margaret.

Actimel strawberry flavour is delicious. I have just started taking them because of UTI's. Also I take cranberry capsules from Holland and Barrett.

Helen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.