Repeated cardiac symptoms, very scary

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing health anxiety/anxiety attacks almost constantly for about 4mos. This all started with a sudden attack where I felt faint, tachycardia and sudden increase in BP. Since then I have had extreme dizziness, almost constant bounding heart, cloudy, abd pain and on. I've had cardiac testing including stress test, echo, and I wore a heart monitor for 30 days. I've had Multiple EKGs and also had an MRI. All of these tests have come back normal. So for weeks ive just been living with these symptoms with the knowledge that it is anxiety. At times these symptoms have fely debilitating. I have also experienced extreme GERD and difficulty swallowing which has gotten better since rountinely taking Prilosec. The GI MD wants me to have a barium swallow done but I just cant see having yet one more test that will come back normal. I have slowly been feeling better and my dizziness/cloudy feeling is starting to subside a bit. I do continue to have a bounding heart that lasts for maybe minutes or hours or an entire day. A new symptom that I have been having along with the bounding heart are palpitations or flutter feeling that causes me to have to catch my breath. This sometimes happens multiple times in a day and even multiple times an hour. This is very scary and it happens when I am completely fine, watching television, cooking, etc. Does anyone else experience this related to anxiety?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi am the same weid feelings in the heart especially palpitations which are scary av also had the test which were normal i take propanol for mine they fo help abit but still get them if i didnt get symptoms my life would be normal but its an every say thing
  • Posted

Yes I know exactly what your going through

My nightmare started at the end of June this year

I woke up with severe anxiety which thru me into the worst panic attack ever went completely numb on left side weak almost passed out heart racing went to E.R. Dr yelled at me to calm down heart rate 168 they hooked me up to EKG and did chest xray and blood work which all came back fine since that day I have been to E.R. 6 more times with weird symptoms dizziness, sharp or dull chest/ back pain arm pain numbness weird head pressure face numbness or burning sensations been to cardiologist had echocardiogram stress test 24hr holter all okay but till this day I don't feel ok. I feel weak and dizzy like I'm going to passout I hate it I just want my life back. I can't handle excitement happy or sad anymore because it'll make me feel anxious little bit of stress that I use to handle I can't anymore. I'm on going right now with Gastro because a couple E.R. visits ago lol Dr said it might be acid reflux and my esophagus is enflamed idk. Sorry for rant just want to let you know your not alone.

• Posted

And now recently I have been experiencing heart palps I have never had these like my heart does hard thump thumps several times yes they take my breath away too they scare me I have noticed drinking Gatorade helps with them or coughing really hard.
  • Posted

You almost described my life this last week haha, I was so paralyzed with fear waiting for my echo (still havnt gotten it) that I couldn't function and the flutter heart feeling would happen multiple times an hour no matter what I did, laid down, sat, worked.. But I finally managed to convince myself with the help of someone that my body can't take this much anxiety and it's hurting me worrying about my heart so I took a propanol 10mg for the first time ever taking medication sat alone for a few hours and realized that if I had a health problem or heart problem I would know by now (20 years old) and I never had any of these symptoms until I begin obsessing over my heart when I was told I have a heart murmur, so I realized if I die il die.. Or I can try and enjoy my time and I have not experienced palpitations since that night, I still get a racing heart when I get home after work that last for awhile but I noticed I can sit in bed for hours see breathing or relaxing and it won't go away but if I go talk to my friends on ps4 and game for awhile and enjoy myself il notice I can't see my heart, il take my pulse standing up and it will be 84 while if I was still in bed trying to relax it would be 100..

So you're question.. Yes I would experience a fluttery feeling in my heart constantly that lasted half a second and would happen every 2-5 mins for a good week straight, if I was working they were there watching a movie, anything! Until I stopped letting it bothering me and stopped worrying about it they went away one day, I still struggle with a racing heart but it does ease up late at night, it's hard trying to get rid of anxiety symptoms when you feel that you're as calm as you can possibly be, sorry to ramble but I hope this helps you in some way.. Hopefully, it's great to hear your test are all normal tho that's amazing I hope my echo comes back normal but I feel I know there's gonna be something they find.. My 2 ekgs showed heart Arrhthmia and heart murmur soo.. We will see

Best of luck to you and I hope you cure yourself of this anxiety soon

• Posted

Oh yah! And I never reccomand medication for anything that's not fatal but if your anxiety has been stopping you from enjoying your life.. Propanol will do wonders for you if you're similar to me, any emotion joy or scared feeing will cause my heart to beat quicker and of course being anxious people we are aware of that. We don't like that. We panic over that but propanol will keep you calm sleuth out affecting you mentally at all, I can't even take Benadryl when I have allergic reaction because I will have severe panic attacks for hours straight but I enjoy propanol, only take it when you need to enjoy life again and eventually when you notice you don't need it as much the anxiety will be gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.