Repetitive PCVs during sexual activity.

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about the last week, I've been having bad heart palpitations when masturbating. I've had problems in the past with heart palpitations from doing this, but they've always been minimal. I will start having skipped beats and have to stop what I'm doing, and my heart rate will return to normal after 3 - 4 skipped beats at most. Here lately, my heart will start skipping beats and continue to do so for up to a minute. It will do 2 quick beats, pause, 2 quick beats, pause, and it will continuously do this. This really scares me because it will do this for so long that it seems like it doesn't want to return to normal at all. My blood pressure will also sometimes get as high as 195/110 and heart rate will go as high as 180 as well, though it's not normally quiet this bad. I have an appointment with a cardiologist in 2 weeks, but I may make an appointment with my primary doctor sooner since it has been so bad. Anyone else had the same issues or have any experience with this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey yeah sounds like this is what i experienced a few times before, my doctor reassured me that my heart is okay based on the tests so you're most likely fine too.. but its super scary and i wonder how that could happen so please let me know what your doctor tells u. do u also get fast heart beats after these weird pcvs?

• Posted

I saw the doctor again recently and explained to them that my palpitations where more than just the occasional palpitations, but that they where repetitive for long periods of time. They said it was normal, and that I shouldn't worry about them unless they last more than a minute. I still think that this isn't normal, but I'm going to continue exercising and eating well, along with monitoring my blood pressure (which has been considerably higher for some reason?), and just hope for the best. Also yes, my heart does start beating faster after I have these episodes of PCV heart beats, but it's normally beating faster before it happens as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.