Repetitive questions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have a 5 year old boy. He's had no diagnosis for ASD, just a gut feeling of mine since he was a newborn. Anyway, since a couple of months ago my 5 year old asks the same question multiple times a day, every day "how many more days till my birthday?" It's in November. So he then asks "is that 5 days?" Or he'll hold his hands up and ask is it this long till my birthday?" He then starts to get upset if he can't understand. Another question he's repeating but not as much is "when do we go on holiday?" He'll then ask the two smaller questions exactly the same as with his birthday question.

He's also started making lots of funny little noises over and over again. He's constantly moving around, biting his toenails or sucking on his toes. He has angry outbursts and cries slot-gets distressed when something's missing from his school bag. There's so much I could write. Should I have him assessed? My husband isn't convinced. His teacher says he's just shy. He's average for reading and writing but very good with maths and science based learning.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It can’t hurt getting him assessed.  Sounds like he has OCD.   Worst case he could have asperger, which is high functioning autism.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.