Replacement knee and numbness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

in May 2017 I had a PKR and it has been successful however I had numbness where nerves were cut and have not joined up again.  Recently with the onset of the cold weather, I am very much aware of this area.  Anyone else had this ? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

Had partial May 2016. I had same thing for long time . Now it’s no longer numb. It should get better it took my knee long time to have full feeling.

Debbie

• Posted

Thanks Debbie

rubbing it with lots of vitamin E oil to try and wake it up 

• Posted

Hi. Don't worry it eventually feels better I had a replacement two years ago and experanced numbness  for around 6 month it gradually returned to normal. After speaking about my concerns to the Doctor he said it's quite normal and sometimes can take longer I'm due a second replacement in Jan, and expecting the same to happen again. Good Luck it's early days yet 

• Posted

Hi Laura.As well as the numbness you had did you get bad tingling and stabbing pain around your knee and was it very sensitive to touch.i am post op tkr 24 days and having a hard time sleeping with this
  • Posted

Nerves are the last things to heal and you're only six-months post-op.  I'm 20 months and still have some nerve tingling when I kneel on it.  Long-term TKR patients say that feeling does go away in time...we'll see.  Don't take nerve drugs!!!  Bad side effects.  This feeling/healing will resolve in time.

• Posted

Thanks, I have just got to have patience 

we could write a book about our experiences 

• Posted

Absolutely true.  We could call it "To Hell and Back" but I think that title is already taken...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.