Replacement surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's now two weeks since I got a new replacement surgery and all is well 

I can move it bend it straightened it and you therapy four times a week also do it in my home 

just wanted to let everybody know well people who told me that it wouldn't shame on you .

anyone who is going for this don't be afraid and don't listen to the negativity you will be fine 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Great to hear how well you've done Bosco.  I sailed through it just like you have.  But even my surgeon said I'd been lucky.   It does seem to vary, but I agree - go into it positively!  I didn't really have any pain - just a bit of discomfort now and again and the whole thing was very positive!  After all, most of us having knee replacements have had years of rotten pain and the pain that some get after the knee replacement is nowhere near as bad as that!  I'm very much looking forward to my next one soon!!!!  Well done and thank you for posting - it helps to give a balanced view on it all!

• Posted

I'm sorry to say but we're all different.

One size does not fit all!

I'm sure people aren't being negative. It's just that things did not go so well for them

The whole point of this forum is that we can all air or problems whether positive or negative.

• Posted

Yes i agree Mary, Bosco also needs to remember that even though all has gone well (and thats fantastic for you ) sometimes you get problems weeks after , so please Bosco do try and remember this and go carefully, but very very well done
  • Posted

Well done , I am one of the lucky ones , had mine done 19½ and 17½ years ago and have had no problems . Had 6 months off work each time , but we are all different , some have lots of pain and difficulty , others are not too bad . Keep up with plenty of physio , but don't over do it .

• Posted

You seem to have done great. It is said about 80- 90% of TKRs leave recipients satisfied with the outcome. But that still leaves 10- 20% who may not be - I was very postitive before but I am in the minority still with some issues and so far not better off than before surgery.

​It is a dilemma whether to post honest non positive stuff as people can think you are trying to scare others or being unduly negative. But those with unhappy results will naturally seek help and advice, while many of the folks with no post op issues get on with their lives and are no longer on here.

​It does actually work the other way around too, when those of us struggling read about amazing recoveries we can feel really down and like failures - as the physios and doctors are quick to infer we might not be trying enough with our exercises. As if we would choose to be left behind and unable to get back to normal activity! I am desperate to be able to drive but knee is too locked and painful to be safe and I likely have to go back for a manipulation under anaesthetic - I HATE anaesthetics so would do anything to avoid this!

​All the best with your recovery though and we are all different so whatever anyone says or does, TKR is our own journey!

• Posted

Cynthia, you are SO right - a group like this will tend to get more of those with problems, as those without problems just go and get on with life.   I sometimes felt it was a dilemma about posting honest very positive stuff after I had my knee replacement, because I almost felt at times that it might seem as though I was rubbing it in for those who were going through a difficult time, but at the same time I felt I SHOULD be honest and say I was sailing through it, just to give a balanced view.  But yes, we all 'do it our way':-)))))  Still keeping in mind that my second knee might be different from the first LOL!

It's one thing that has troubled me - reading about physios who have made people cry with pain or feel as though they're failing.  We all know that praise is the best way to get the best out of people!

• Posted

How lucky are you. I'm still having trouble after 15 long weeks can't walk with out a limp. I'm well gel .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.