REPORT RECIEVED

Posted , 6 users are following.

Afternoon all,

I hope you are well.

The dreaded report turned up at my door today.

It is 17 pages long, but based on the assessor report it is 11 points for daily living and 12 points for mobility.

I already get standard rate for daily living anyways so i am guess that will not change. 

If the decision is made on the report and i get enhanced mobility is the payment backdated? Or is it from the date of the letter saying what award i have?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Regards,

Natalie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

As it's a change of circumstances i think it's from when you reported those changes BUT don't quote me on that one. Fingers crossed the decision goes with the report, it's rare if it doesn't. Shame about losing out on that 1 point for Daily living but you do risk losing everything if you decide on the MR/Tribunal route. They will look at the whole award again.

• Posted

I know, I'm gutted I lost out over 1 point but I guess it is what it is. So I rang DWP on 29th or 30th January so the mobility part could be backdated to then?

• Posted

So i was told a couple of months ago yes. However i have my doubts because i honestly thought it was when a decision is made, so like i said don't quote me on that one.

• Posted

If you are awarded Enhanced mobility you can of course exchange your mobility money for a car. The car you choose can be fully adapted to suit your needs. As for cost of the adaptions then it will depend on what adaptions you will need.

There's a full list of cars available on the mobility website. Some have no deposits, while others have small or larger deposits. Automatics usually have deposits be it does depend what you choose. The only thing you'll have to pay for is your fuel. Everything else is covered with your weekly mobility money and it's paid straight to them. If you're under 25 then there will be restrictions to the cars you can choose but full details are on the website, including the deposit if needed. Waiting times for the cars totally depends what you choose and the adaptions needed. It can be anything from a couple weeks to months. Payment doesn't get taken from your benefit until you collect and sign for your new car.

You will also automatically be entitled to a blue badge, for this you'll need to apply to your local council. A copy of your PIP award will be needed and a payment of £10, i think.

If you decide not to choose the car then you can take the free road tax. If you choose this option then the car you tax can only be used for your purposes.

I have to say when i was first awarded Enhanced mobility i choose the car without any doubts. I'd be lost without it, worry free motoring and i love it. I will be choosing another car when this one ends, for sure.

Fingers crossed for you!

• Posted

Mine was backdated from when I reported a change in my condition which I wasn’t expecting good luck xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your help. After reading the report I noticed a little contradiction in a statement from the assessor. She stated I cannot reach my back to wash but when it comes to the points questions she said I don't need any help even though the option is there about needing helping from shoulders to waist.... but I will leave it and hope I get a response soon.

• Posted

You're welcome. Yes they very often contradict theirself. That's so sad if they go with that report and don't ward you that extra point, i'll be honest it's very rare they do that but it can happen. I know it's tempting to challenge the decision but there's also a lot to lose.

I know you wanted to Enhanced mobility more than anything but that's not the point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.