Request for Forum User Feedback

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hello,

We recognise that recent changes to the forums have not worked for all users. Therefore, we are now planning an update to improve users experience of the forums. As part of this we are requesting that you please add your requests or ideas that are your highest priorities as a reply to this discussion.

Once we receive a suitable number of suggestions we will put these into a survey where users can then vote for the change(s) they would most like to see in the update. Once we have the results we will do the required changes and share these with you for any comments before we release to the site to ensure we have got it right.

There are some things we cannot do such as removal of ads as they fund the site, reinstate emails for every post and reversion to old format of the site. All other constructive suggestions to improve the forums will be considered.

While we may not be able to do everything that is suggested in this update we will take note of users input in deciding priorities.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Patient

1 like, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Like several of the others state, as I no longer receive an email for initial posts I forget to visit the board. I am finding that must be the same for many others as the number of posts seems to have reduced a lot. Please can we go back to having emails to let us know about posts and if people really do not want emails let them have the option of switching them off.

• Edited

I find this has changed such a lot since I joined, I now find it difficult to read all posts, not as straight forward as it used to be. Disappointed probably will give up and go to alternative sites.

• Edited

I would like to have the option to get an email for every new post (not replies) giving a brief description. Then if I choose to follow that post, I would get an email every time someone replied. That simple.

• Posted

Just a observation...

The good news is that when someone replies to me, I get email notification. BUT it takes 6 hours to get one!

For example I just received email notification that paula21528 posted reply. When I went to check the reply I noticed that I also had the reply from kelly85331 an hour ago that did NOT receive email notification for.

• See the pic attached.image
    • Posted

You should get one now - I'm replying to you! Apparently that is the only reason you get one now. Which seems a bit crackers!!!!

• Posted

... and notice on reply from kelly85331 just came thru about 6 hours since it was posted ( per your site time stamp)

• Edited

Hi .... I just joined and in the process it asks for a password ... So I just agreed to the suggested password .... Which the site rejected .... 3 times ... So I made one up and that worked, obviously.

Seems a tad odd.

• Edited

This site seems to be under construction. You might try Healthunlocked to get questions answered sooner rather than not at all.

• Posted

Hi Mikhail,

The site does not suggest passwords, the only thing that is suggested when registering is the nickname. If you used this as the password then it would have been rejected as not meeting the security requirements for passwords.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Peggy,

The site is not "under construction" and is operational. We are asking for feedback to improve the site for users and are aware of the email situation which I am trying to get reinstated.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

No, sorry, you are incorrect .... The system put a password into the password box ... I am not an imbecile. So, I suggest you listen.

• Posted

In which case this is not the site suggesting a password, it does not do this. All I can think of is your browser was pre-populating the field due to autofill or browser settings.

• Edited

I used that term because it takes much longer for anyone to get a response to their concerns, questions, or even to be read. I have ceased reading concerns from subjects other than PMR, such as hip or knee replacements, because they show no hint at what their questions are and I have no time to spend going back and forth trying to find the responses.

• Posted

I am now being asked to sign in every time and also have to fill in one of those awful American photo blocks where they ask you to click on sidewalks, hydrants etc.

• Posted

Maybe it's your computer settings? I may be jinxing myself but I only have to sign in if I'm changing devices.

• Edited

Mine seems to have now reverted back to a sign on only. I have not touched my settings for literally years!!

• Posted

I use this simple method to get to the site. Go to one of your old posts and bookmark it. Next time just click on this bookmark and it will show your post AND also notification will have a "*" if there is any new post. The only time I have to log in again is if I cleared history and cookies on my browser.

• Posted

Does it not offer a "remember me" option?

• Edited

yes it does, but it does not work for my iPad. The iPad remembers the sign on info but you still have to go through the sign on bit. It is not a problem particularly. It seems to have started asking for the Captcha again with photos of US scenes too.

• Posted

Oh what joy. I liked the site when it was a UK one...

• Posted

Just had to sign in to reply to you and it did not ask for the Captcha, perhaps they have stopped it. Has the site changed hands or is it over enthusiastic designers?

• Posted

Hi ptolemy,

The site is still UK but we use ReCaptcha as a security measure to prevent spammers/hackers attacking the site. How and when it appears is beyond our control as it is a Google tool using their algorithms and why they are US images. The only time I find it appears for me is if I use an incognito window.

• Edited

Probably part of the movement to make the UK the 51st state ...

• Edited

It seems totally random to me. Usually when I want to reply to someone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.