research on causes/links

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've heard that prostate cancer in those below 40 (or even 50) can be very aggressive, is that right? And often it is only discovered in the later stages and therefore more difficult to treat? Surely though, if it is that aggressive then the men who have got it at this age would have realised something is wrong and gone to the doctor straight away?

Also what is the actual low down on the link between jerking off and prostate cancer. There is inconsistency here. Most research indicates that regular m*****bation at any age can help with the health of the prostate and even prevent cancer, however a 2009 report states - " Frequent m*****bation in young men is linked to higher risk of early prostate cancer, but it lowers prostate cancer risk for men in their 50s, a study shows. High levels of male sex hormones, or androgens, may increase a man's risk of prostate cancer."

I know there are experienced people on here so I would like to know the truth behind this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Self Sex for lack of better words has nothing to do with prostate cancer. Same thing goes for regular ol sex with a spouse etc....

Have you done a PSA test and or had a biopsy done? If so, what are the results?

• Posted

I wouldn't think there is any link to prostate cancer in the way you have a sexual experience, whether it is by yourself, or with a partner. Most likely men under 40 are less likely to have prostate cancer although it could happen. A lower percentage though. I have read in these support groups that ejaculation will cause your PSA to rise a bit... so it is probably best to refrain from any type of sexual activity a few days prior to getting your blood work done... it may not make much of a difference, but I've read where some men refrain when they want their PSA numbers to be as low as possible.  By age 40+, it is probably a good idea to have your PSA checked and also a DRE during an annual physical. This way you can keep an eye on the PSA levels if they start to increase. And the DRE will let a doctor know if there are any abnormalities or enlargement of the prostate.

• Posted

I heard it's 1 in 10,000 for those age under 40, so that's extremely unlikely and those who would have it probably must have a strong family history I'm guessing. 

Regarding keeping mr happy busy the general consensus is that it actually might help prevent cancer. How exactly does this happen? What's the reasoning behind it? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.