Researching Interventional Radiologist for PAE

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am researching local Interventional Radiologist in Orange County CA in preparation for possible treatment with Prostate Arterial Embolism. I have two doctors in mind but I cannot find much if any information on them. I'm aware of noted doctors North of me at UCLA and South of me at UC San Diego, but If possible I want to remain local for my treatment. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention names on here but here I go. One is James Katrivesis, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, IR, University of CA Irvine, Medical School. The Second is Dr. Atabak Allaei, IR, SoCal Vascular & Interventional Radiology Specialists, Los Alamitos, CA. Both doctors perform PAE. If anyone knows anything about these individuals or has any suggestions how I might find out about them I would appreciate your input.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    One suggestion: if you're after an interventional radiologist then look for someone who

    (a) specialises or at least has a strong focus on the prostate and

    (b) someone with an excellent reputation.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    You write that you prefer local doctors as you wish to stay local even though doctors north of you have good reputations.

    I would follow the doctor. If he is not local but has a great rep then I'd travel.

    In order to make an informed decision you need to establish how often you would need to see him (i.e. travel) if you saw a guy who was not local.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    My name is Nick Katrivesis

    i am jim katrivesis

    father. i had the PAE procedure this month and it was very successful. you should call jim and he will give you all info you need. jim graduated from the medical school of U N of CA Irvine. He did 2 years in Daves, Sacramento in surgary and 4 years at Georgetown in intervationalrediology

    is board certify and he

    performes the PAE procedure at Orange medical cender. you should be able to get his cell phone and he will talk with you if you call him. if you need more info about PAE let me know since the procedure i stop all medications. good luck


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up