Resistant hypertension at night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Blood pressure that goes up every night I have already talked to my doctor's my cardiologists and my primary care doctor they raised my lisinopril from 10 to 20 mg at night it worked for a while but now it's shooting back up at night to 196 over 98 give or take a few points it makes me shake and feel terribly scared I have to take extra blood pressure medicine I know I shouldn't but I do and my friends do that too when this happens to them but I have it every night I'm calling my cardiologists right now just wondering how other people deal with it if they have it thanks a lot Diana

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What is different in your life at night from daytime? Taking extra meds is the very worst thing that you can do in that situation. Strange that you have friends in the same situation.
    • Posted

Strange but true just a few friends but they don't do that every night this I have to had to do 4 about three weeks to a month now I have told my primary care but she does not respond told my cardiologists today and waiting for a call right now to see if they can up my meds taking a little extra is a desperate thing to do but it's better than a stroke or heart attack I've already had a couple of heart attacks and don't want another one so that's what's going on now hoping for the best

• Posted

How were your heart attacks treated, did you have stents fitted or just medications ?
  • Posted

diana88467...I would think your doctors need to investigate just 'why' your bp

is increasing in the evenings. Are you doing anything differently at night? Are you under any stressors other than what you're writing about? Try your very best to relax, as anxiety & worry does nothing but boost the numbers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.