Respiratory infection Tiredness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Im a 22 year old and i recently had symptoms of a respiratory infection. It started out with a sore throat and a dry cough which turned into a productive cough (sometimes mucus comes out but i can feel it in my throat most of the time) which has since nearly gone but i still cough from time to time. I went to the doctor who listened to my lungs and said everything sounded good but still insisted it seemed like bronchitis even though i didnt have any wheezing. I also had some sporadic shortness of breath but my blood oxygen was always normal (I live near Uni and i went to the nurse who checked it). I now have this feeling of being really tired alot of the time. Its sort of like exhaustion and drowsiness but i dont really take naps just get a good nights sleep. I also suffer from anxiety, for which ive had a blood panel, urineanalysis, 3 Resting EKGs a stress test, a D dimer test and a test for thyroid. All came back completely normal and i am seeing a therapist. The symptom of extreme tiredness is new though and i was wondering if i should go back to the doctor and get it investigated further or if this could be one of the effects of bronchitis.

Tl;DR= Had what doctor suspected was bronchitis last week, feeling really tired now, wondering if i should go back to the doctor or if this is a lingering symptom of bronchitis.

Best  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am a 66 year old male. I have emphysema/ bronchestis/ pulmanory fibrosis. I have other conditions as well and I am in palliative care. My life expectansy is weeks months at best. I give you this as a broad overview. I started of with symptoms similar to yourself when I was about 58. I went through lots of treatments but the tiredness persisted. I have now been diagnosed with sleep apneia. This is were during sleep my.breathing rate slows far to much. I have been monitored and there can be as slow as a breathy every.2/3 minuets or longer this result's in my body being.starved of oxygen during the night and overwhelming ing tiredness the following day. There are this GS they can do to help thisbut you is should ask your g.p to refer you

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hey kevin im sorry to hear, my deapest sympathies and i hope you get whats truly best for you.

But i doubt i would have sleep apnea because i was in the hospital for a surgery a couple of months ago and my oxygen levels where being monitored for 2 days straight. Also noone has ever complained of me snoring so it would seem highly unlikely. But thanks for the info and i hope you feel better

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.