Restarting Fluoxetine

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have restarted on fluoxetine 20mg after giving it up for 1 month. Will I go through the same period of a few weeks of adjustment.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Boya

maybe not that intense, because Fluoxetine stays long in your system so i am pretty sure it is still in your body.

• Posted

I don't feel it is working like it did last time. I am thinking of increasing the dose to 40 mg. I have been on it for 1 week since restarting. I appreciate your response. Thank you.

• Posted

It is not always working like the first time. My first time i did not have any side effects, just a bit drowsiness and i was feeling better after 4 weeks. This time on the same dose 20mg it took me 17weeks to start to recover.

Don't rush to increase the dose.. Just give more time. Increasing dose does not mean you will recover faster or or it will work better..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.