Restarting Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Sertraline for more than 8 months at 250mg but quit cold turkey. I am experiencing withdrawal symptons and going back on it. I have been on a break for close to 3 weeks.

What dose should i restart with?

Any suggestions will be appteciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Why did you quit cold turkey? It's very dangerous to quit cold turkey especially at such a high dose! I would speak with your doctor about what to start on again, if it was me personally I would just jump back on the 250mg

• Posted

I think you need to speak to your doctor asap and good luck ..dont quit like that again ..from what I've read on here you need to taper down. I'm no expert as I'm gradually going

🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Why why why in gods name did u quit cold turkey from such a high dose its sure fire way to make ur self sick and guarenteed not to work id resart low 100mg see how u feel on that to start with
    • Posted

I know , i shouldn't  have. It's really horrid withdrawal symptons.

Thanks for the advice . Thinking of starting at 50 and then see how it goes. 

• Posted

Hope all goes well restarting again. Did you stop because you felt better? 250mg is a high dose, I've been on sertraline for 3 months now and have been on 200mg for about 11 days now, still don't feel like myself, how long did it take you to feel better x

• Posted

I quit cuz i didn't feel better on that dose too. My sert 8 + months sert exp -

Initial starting dose 25mg will give you overall good energy so you know this is the medicine for you.

Meds adjustment side effects which were horrible lasted for 8 weeks on 50 and then came down to a manageable level indicating you're ready for a dose increase now.

You have to keep on increasing every 3 -4 weeks until you hit the right dosage which for me was 200 but i was impatient and gave it only 2 weeks.

Withdrawal symptons are very rough - rougher than side effects so please taper.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

....also doxepin (generic) 25 mg is very good for undisturbed sound sleep and waking up refreshed the next day . Apparently it is a recommended complimentary medicine with sertraline to speed up the treatment process with minimal side effects. It's easier on the stomach as opposed to other meds in the category. I've pretty much tried all and found it to be the best in every regard. Helps with MDD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.