Resting Frozen Shoulder

Posted , 5 users are following.

What are peoples thoughts on resting a frozen shoulder?

I'm frozen in my right shoulder and the only time its not painful/achy is when its resting. Obviously as its my right this doesn't happen often and I'm not sure if resting it is the right thing to do or I should be moving as much as possible? (hard when it's causing pain)

Fed up today, its so painful in the night and on a morning, I hurt myself getting dressed (getting a top on takes acrobatic skills) It aches all the way from shoulder to hand, my hand feels numb and I'm sick of taking pain killers. And breathe......

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know it feels better when you're resting it but it's the worst thing for it. I get like that too. Some days are so painful that all I want to do is nothing. The more you move it, the more you will be able to do with it in the future. It will get better but it takes forever to get there. I had rotator cuff and bicep surgery back in September. I have been back to work since January and I'm still having a difficult time. Some days I just want to sit in my recliner with the heating pad and do nothing but I know that's not good for my shoulder. So I do as much as I can. Hang in there and don't give up. It will eventually get better. Keep pushing through.

• Posted

You are going to get a lot of conflicting advice on this. Though some people will swear that taking a "no pain no gain" attitude is best, there are many experts in the field who will tell you that over vigorous exercise will prolong your condition - and certainly your pain. gentle stretching exercises are fine - but stopping if it becomes painful. This was certainly my experience.

I've had both shoulders freeze (at different times) and opted for hydrodilatation, which worked extremely well for me, in both relieving pain and aiding a quicker recovery. Though it doesn't seem to work in every case, my consultant - an eminent professor in this field - claims a 70% success in improvement of movement and 90% in relief of pain for treatments at his clinic.

Good luck in getting through this painful condition - I hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

Thanks, I'm on the waiting list for hydrodilitation . I had it before on my other frozen shoulder and it worked, didn't find any pt useful but interested to hear others experiences. So hard to do when it just feels like it agravates and causes more pain.

• Posted

hi sam

me again thanks for the belated message lol.

both melissa and maria are right. constant stretching and just working the joint. keep it free and working as much as you can. i used google to find exercises then sorted out the ones that suit my life style.

i am doing them all the time still. even after the hydro dilations. i keep on pushing the joint to its max.

but i am so not happy with the right shoulder since jan17th. i gained movement to the joint. but the pain is really s****y ( excuse the french).

an update for you AND IF ANYONE CAN HELP HERE. the surgeon wants to do a mi eye into the joint.

bottom line is i think he wants to have a rummage in the joint.

anyone had it done or similar. whats the recovery time.

had the MRI waiting for the results. TBH i any not that keen on this as i have a physical job.

the offer is there if you want to try the sport tape.

i had to resort back last week to naproxin and oral steroid as well plus pain killers .

do you have a date on the dilation for yourself yet.

colin

• Posted

Cheers Colin, appreciate your support, especially when your struggling yourself no date for hydrodilation also on a list for steriod injection with gp. Its painful constantly, struggling at the moment.

Hurts a lot when i do any stretches during and after.

• Posted

lol

my whole day evolves around stretching and twisting due to the job

try plastering a ceiling aaarrrggghhh.

it kills me some days. as i have a job to do and i just cannot get in the position to do it. i have to now risk assess every move.

here is one of everyone.

is it in the mind (lol) no we say its in the shoulder.

if i do something off the cuff it kills with a lightning strike (hey strike me down) . yup all the time.

if i think it over and method statement i can work the arm with less pain. still crap but less than a bolt of electric.

and the rotation is kind of good due to the distension.

why

i can take me socks off with out thinking and get struck in pain. but to do slowly thinking about it hurts less

colin

to help i had me arm strapped to tight last week i had welts. calmed down the tension on the straps and it hugs me muscles fine now. stops me holding me shoulder all day

• Posted

hi sam

got a call pm today to attend arm hospital in colchester tomorrow at 3pm.

get to the bottom of the right shoulder. just in time really buggered it up today. had to use a lock snapping bar to gain entry into a house. 450mm bar fits over the upvc lock and you jolt it down to snap the lock.

the only thing to snap was me shoulder. i have really peed it off.

off for a hot bath and give it some tlc

colin

and all me me me. hows you doing

• Posted

got me results yay

not yay. flipping shopping list wasnt it.

yes r/h side in a frozen state. we knew that. then i have a torn tendon r/h top shoulder. then there is a spur of bone pushing into the torn bit.

no wonder it would not settle down after the big injection.

wants me under the knife asap to mend torn bit and shave back the spur.

4 weeks off work. beats self isolation from work. told me to go swimming every day after. re hab

and the best bit. this was me good shoulder.

colin

any one been here before on what i have to have done. prospective would be nice from our gang.

xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.