Resting heart beat and beats during normal activites

Posted , 4 users are following.

If I am just sitting my pulse is 81/82. Sometimes it is even 75/77. However, If strat moving around and just take a few steps to go from one room to another it goes up to 100. I notice during my activities in my kitchen my bets go up to even 115/118. It seems high to me. All these numbers are shown on my Fitbit watch. Is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monica.

Your resting heart beats seem fine to me. Your beats will increase because you giving your heart some work to do.

ie-- it is having to pump the blood around your body.

At rest anything between 60 and 100 beats per min is fine.

At rest mine is as low as 45 to 55 beats per min.

And between 115 and 135 beats per min doing activities.

You have no need to worry

• Posted

A normal resting heart rate is 60 to 100 bmp. Its normal for it to go up when you stand up but should come back down. Typically to 80s. But everyones different. I have a fast heart rate so im on meds to slow it down.
  • Posted

This is completely normal. HR can go up to 200bpm during exercise.

This is physiological not pathological. 

• Posted

It makes me feel better now. I did not have any idea about heartbeats during activities. Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.