Restless Leg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Newbie here. I was on Citalopram for a few weeks but developed severe Restless leg syndrome which led to insomnia which temazapam never even dented. Have now been on Lofepramine for 2 weeks. Restless leg has gone and I've had 3 nights of sleep. Bliss. Still feel like crap though. Got docs today and not sure about going back to work. I think its better all round if I take the necessary time off to get better rather than do what I was doing, going to work for a couple of weeks then a few days off and so on. Anyone any thoughts on this.

PS-I love my work so not trying to avoid it. :wink:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi John

I've been off work for 7 weeks . I asked my doctor last week if I can return. He said its not advisable at the moment and I need to rest more.

I love my job and my work collegues are great. I'm going to the Dr on monday again to see if I can return to work.

My sick cert runs out on 29.11.07 but I don't want to wait that long.

Work has said I can work 9-1 and then increase this by 1 hour each following week, which seems to be a good idea. If I put that to the doctor he might let me return.

• Posted

Thanks Mrs J. I've only been off 2 weeks this time but have had numerous days off over the last 3 months.

I'm amazed at the amount of postings about this drug. It didnt work for me but reading some of the stories I got off lightly.

• Posted

:wink: Hi there, I have had real problems with my legs anyway, but since being on citalopram, I feel like they may cripple below my hips. So I do Know what you ,mean. My doctor prescribed me diazepam and that has left me absolutely exhausted, numb in the head, but when I walk outside my legs do not feel like they are going to collapse before me, as they did before. Although I am so tired, that I just might.

I have always had one leg less stronger than the other, and often I drag my foot on the left side , by accident. But for me, thats nothing in comparison with how out of control I was feeling before I got help. Speak to your doctor. Hope I have helped. ( I think a lot of it, is to do with anxiety-do you?)

• Posted

Hi Katy. Yes I do think a lot of my problems are down to anxiety, which makes me depressed which then makes me more anxious and so on. If only I knew what I had to be anxious or depressed about apart from feeling like crap every day.

Doc was wanting to sign me off for a month but I said to make it 2 weeks and then review it.

• Posted

:wink: Hi ther John H, its Katy. I have had a really strange day. I did not take any pills today for fear that i am hooked on them. Anyway, I had good news, but I feel extremely emotional. I just want to cry all the time but cannot!

I met my dad today, who is an extraordinary man, I have a lot of respect for my dad, he is so liberal and understanding. I feel like I could tell him absolutely anything; but I know that icant. When I was in real trouble as a student, being stalked for instance, he just did not want to know. I do not blame him. But I do know that he was possibly the only person in this world that could have helped!

I have always been anxious and always felt like a bit of a freak! Though, maybe sometimes, we all feel insecure, and there is a lot of people out there that have been through a heck of a lot worse than me for instance. But I Know, In myself that things are not right, and that I need help . I like feeling happy. I like having the time to understand others who need help too, but right now, I am too exhausted. (This just is not me).

I cannot pin point where it has all gone wrong , but fight it, because the reason you are in the place you are in , is because you know you need to feel better! Hopefully you will get there. And even if it is only 25% or 75% of the way, do not simply give up. I am not religious in any way, but I suppose, i do believe that things happen for a reason! Do not let it eat you. Fight the bug, not the people!

Katy smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.