RESTLESS LEG CURE? IT WORKS FOR ME!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there Folks. If I said that I’d been diagnosed as having restless legs about 10 years ago you’ll have a fair idea of what I’ve gone through. There have been times when I’d gladly have chopped them off just that I could get to sleep, not to mention the distress caused by my legs keeping my partner awake. It was really nice to hear the doctor diagnose the condition, stating that it was well enough documented but that there was no cure!!!

Since then I’ve tried and looked and again complained to a different doctor these 10 years down the line to be told there still is no cure. In fact, she prescribed Amitriptyline! Not sure it stops the twitching legs but it certainly turns me into a Zombie!

I’ve read that it can be an iron deficiency!

I’ve read that Calcium / Magnesium can be a preventative to it.

I’ve read that Dopamine is sometimes prescribed!?

I’ve read that strong pain killers might help.

I’ve read that something like Diazepam might help!

Nope…!!!

I take multivitamins etc and I certainly have no iron deficiency. Yes, I’ve had my blood checked!

Yes - I’ve tried / calcium & magnesium tablets / capsules!

Because of other condition I’ve tried “strong pain killers!”

Because of stress / anxiety I have and I take diazepam!

Take a warm bath? Joke!

I did find that if I got up and stretched my legs a my legs a bit I could delay the recurrence long enough to get to sleep, but those days have also been and gone!

THEN! A BRAINWAVE!

Type “restless legs” into eBay‘s search engine! Don’t stop reading and stop laughing (;o)

It brought up something which is not presently listed but I can tell you that I bought some at the time and they work for me!

Although the items listed their benefits for restless leg syndrome it was not in the title.

However, the products, which I recommend you try wherever you can get hold of them are:-

HAWTHORN COMPOUND (green buckwheat with garlic & hawthorn extract). Directions = 2 to 4 tablets 3 times a day

And

RUTIVITE (Rutin) = Direction 1 or 2 tablets a day.

As a “belt and braces” job I take both. However I am presently only taking 3 of the Hawthorn Compound and 1 of the Rutivite in the evening before bed!

Voila!

No more restless legs (confirmed by my partner). Test period? Four weeks now!

Good luck.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI I HAVE FMS AND ONE OF THE MANY SYMPTOMS IS RESTLESS LEGS, IT DRIVES TO TO DISPAIR AS ALONG WITH THE OTHER SYMPTOMS THAT GO ALONG WITH FMS I COULD WELL DO WITH OUT THIS, IT IS NOT ONLY MY LEGS BUT IT TRAVELS TO MY ARMS AND HANDS, I WAS OM MEDICATION THAT TREATS PARKINSONS BUT NOTHIN WORKS. I WILL TRY GOPING ON EBAY AND SEE WHAT COMES UP

ITS GOOD TO KNOW IM NOT GOING MAD AND THINKIN IM A HYPOCONDRIACT THERE ARE OTHERES OUT THERE WHO CAN RELATE TO WHAT IM GOING THRO sad

• Posted

I'm glad that someone else is having the same trouble as I am as I thought I was the only person in the world with restless arm and leg syndrome I have been on several different prescribed tablets and the only tablets that work for me is two 30/500 co codomols one hour before I go to bed and the wife is happy after being relegated to the spare bedroom thanks fpr the comments
  • Posted

I am going to try this like you I would gladly cut my legs off at times due to this condition. It drives me absolutely mad. If I do not take prescribed medication then I get absoluted no sleep whatsoever.
  • Posted

thank god there are other out there, i was begining to think i was the only one, my doctors doesnt seem to take much notice when i say about my restless legs and arms, it drives me mad i am so tired some nights i just sit there and cry i want to go to sleep but my arms and legs wont let me!!! i start to get my self wound up before i get into bed because i know what is going to happen.

i will have a look out for the tablets mentioned i will give anything ago in the hope i can go t bed and not preform river dance !!

Thanks peeps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.