Restless legs

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help , does anyone have restless legs syndrome?

I am taking neurotin & requip. Can't seem to get relief. The requip does hepl at night, it puts me out for several hours ,but anytime after 2 in the afternoon ,they start . I have to stand up,or I am walking. I need some relief !!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wanda I've had that for years on and off but it's more likely due to me having Multiphe sclerosis. I am allergic to neurotin. Good luck !
  • Posted

My mom had that and she started taking alittle Black Strap Molasses  everyday. It has alot of minerals and iron..she said it made hers go away. Just start with a teaspoon and then have alittle warm water to help digest. It could help you too!!
  • Posted

I take a magnesium supplement and one of the things it is supposed to be good for is restless legs syndrome. In fact some research suggests that RLS is related to magnesium deficiency. It does relax the muscles.
  • Posted

The Magnesium supplement helped me as well! Took a couple of weeks to see a change, but after a couple night not having restless legs I was like oh wow,. It stopped.
  • Posted

I too had this problem.i swear this works I don't know why but it does.take 2 bars of soap any kind and place them under your sheet by your legs .no more restlessness. For leg cramps take potassium.give it a try.let me know.
  • Posted

Hi Wanda   OMG do I know about restless legs! Have had them since a teenager and not sure why but since the menopause it has got out of control.  I get maybe 2 nights in 2 wks without it.  I was taking restless legs homoeopathic tabs but they stopped working.  Magnesium spray didnt work.  I now take Restful Legs tabs and so far so good.  I fear that everything stops working when you get used to it, don't know.  I presume you got meds from doc?  Let us know how you get on xx
    • Posted

Hi daisylady i have sent you a private message to ask about your restful legs tablets. i get deep aching bone pain is how i would describe only at night in my right calf. every night it wakes me to move. i am a natural right sided sleeper so it breaks my sleep every night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.