Restless Legs And Dry Stinging Eyes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do any of you ladies suffer terribly with restless legs at night? So many days a month, my legs get restless. Last night, it went on for a few hours and I nearly threw myself out of bed in temper and go and make a drink. I stretch my legs forwards and backwards but it doesn't work. I'm so fed up of this.

My eyes, somedays feel so dry and stingy and if I over stressed them, on the laptop, for eg, they feel even worse. I've ordered some dry eye drops to try for when they're bad but I just wondered if anyone else experienced this too? 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have all this problems too, dry burning eyes, have to use a moisturising drops, also get restless legs and arms too. It's difficult to sleep as it's so annoying no matter what position you try to sleep. I apply warm compress and it's help, also warm foot bath and cooling leg gel, I haven't had it for sometime now.
    • Posted

I know I've overdone it on the laptop Kadija, my eyes are burning right now and feel so dry, yet feel as if they want to run. I'm waiting for some dry eye drops to arrive so hopefully they'll do the trick.The restless legs gets me down because you can't sleep when it happens no matter what. I've got your remedies now, I can try them for nothing. Thank you.
  • Posted

hi.  I have had this on and off (restless legs).  I bought magnesium spray which relaxed my leg muscles.  A few sprays on each leg and keep it by my bed, it works for me and I can get off to sleep.  worth a try
    • Posted

I quickly managed to read your post last night metamorphed and I ordered some magnesium spray. I can keep the spray nearby as it only seems to happen so many days in the month, (well I say month, my periods are all over the place so it happens whenever it's the right time in the cycle). I've got magnesium tablets too, maybe I should start on them as well. Much appreciated.
  • Posted

Not so much the restless legs, but I do get pins and needles in them. Now, the dry eyes, I have a severe case of. I use eye wipes and then put in lubricating drops, and it seems to help. I was diagnosed with blepharitis, so there is a protocol my doctor wants me to use, but I'm not faithful in it. She gave me antibiotic eye salve for them, but I have only used it once. I don't like it, everything is blurry for hours.
    • Posted

I didn't know you could get eye wipes, I'll have to have a look for some online. The Blepharitis sounds painful, the last thing you want is to add to that. Hopefully the drops and wipes will be enough. Thanks debbie.
  • Posted

Hi BugglyBot, Yes, I did have both of those symptoms. I too, would be in a hysterical rage over the restless leg crap! I never tried prescription meds for either of those symptoms. ( which are symptoms of peri) I also used to be plagued with insomnia. So, when I actually was able to go to sleep, many times the RL would start...grrr! Anyway, one thing I figured out the hard way is that benadryl (allergy type otc med,s or otc sleep meds) would make me sleepy sometimes but would also cause the RL to act up. Then, I'd be so drowsy I couldn't wake up fully enough to get up, but my legs would be driving me crazy and I couldn't fall asleep. It was like a nightmare. I also found info online about the allergy or otc sleep meds causing RL to act up. The only thing that would help RL, and yes, this sounds stupid I know, was to either get up and walk around, or, many times, I could pile some pillows up on my bed and get up on my knees and rest my head and chest on the pillows and sleep like that. It was like I had to put weight on my knees (whether standing or on my knees) before RL would settle down. I don't know if this would be helpful, but might be worth a try.smile
    • Posted

That's just how I feel MoodyNoire when they start. Before now I've got up and walked around a little but I kept clock watching and just hoping it would ease it. It makes me so mad when it's bad and I could curse like a sailor, (actually I do, quietly so I don't freak the rest of the house out lol). Who'd have thought that an allergy medication could do that, but then again, it shouldn't be surprising with some of the side effects medicines can have. I did wonder if putting pressure on my kness may help actually, almost to distract the RL before it starts. I can try this, with all the helpful suggestions from you ladies, something surely has to work. Thank you.
    • Posted

Your welcome. I hope you find something that works. Oh I forgot to mention this earlier. If for some reason I lay down for a long time, like watching TV for hours, or if my insomnia is keeping me awake, but I'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep, then RL is much more likely to kick in. I didn't know if you were doing that or not, but if so, maybe that would be something to avoid also. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi BugglyBot

I totally empathise with the RLS thing  I got to the point where I was ready to chop my legs off!  I have had it since I was 16 but it has gone off the scale since being menopausal.  I tried the magnesium spray, did nothing.  For a while I was using Restful Legs but that stopped working.  I am now using Restless Legs by Natrabio and fingers crossed it seems to be working so far.  Give it a go.  They are on ebay and are totally natural.  good luck x  x

• Posted

I feel for you daisy, that is so young to start with this. Mine really started about 4/5 years ago but then it baited off for a long time. Arghh! It is so frustrating. I've got the page up with the Natrabio you've suggested so I'll go and have another look at it. Cheers daisy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.