Restless Legs & gabapentin.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

I just wanted to put a note here to say that I've suffered from restless legs for years slowly getting worse. I was on gabapentin for fibromyalgia for 5 yrs. I came off them earlier this year. my legs got 100 times worse so last night I took some left over gabapentin and I can't say how good my legs were through the night. No fizziness running through my veins and one of that horrible unexplainable feeling either.

So it may be worthwhile speaking to a go if you have restless legs as these could help. I'm not saying they will work just that they helped my problem. who knows it could help someone else.

having so many health issues, getting relief for let least one of them is heaven for me. it could work for others.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I would as it would pass onto your G. P your experiences. I have used gabapentin in the past and it really helped me with my pain. I am suffering from severe frozen shoulder and I had an operation done on it back in February this year. I am now taking Tramadol

• Posted

I intend to inform her asap. It's quite the miracle really. I only took it on the off chance they'd work!. I took them for widespread arthritis but water to come off all my meds to see how I was. not the best move tbh!

glad they work for you too!

• Posted

I would as it would pass onto your G. P your experiences. I have used gabapentin in the past and it really helped me with my pain. I am suffering from severe frozen shoulder and I had an operation done on it back in February this year. I am now taking Tramadol b

• Posted

Sorry didn't finish going to see my gp again next week as getting low on the painkillers and going to ask for gabapentin again as I felt it helped massively for me. I have also finished with my physiotherapy as they said it will not get any better.

• Posted

I'll probably get it put on my repeat prescription again. I'm in similar boat. hip replacement 5 yrs ago it's worse now than before. surgeon said it's as good as it'll get. isn't life a joy 😕 my other hip needs doing but I'll keep the old one rather than have it replaced.

I hope the gabapentin helps you it's definitely worth it if it helps!

• Posted

Well I hope so I have an appointment with the doctor on 23rd August so I will find out then. Good luck with your condition.

It is worse for me as being in my left shoulder I am also left handed and find trying to use my left arm is extremely painful.

• Posted

I was taking gabapentin oral solution as I am unable to swallow tablets which goes back to when I was really young. I was given some tablets to take but no matter what I tried I could not. It doesn't matter what size they are even very small ones I still can't. It is now on my medical records to state I. can't swallow any tablets.

I wish you all the best and good luck.

• Posted

I find gabapentin sticks in my throat so I can empathise to a degree with you.

best wishes and good luck hope things do improve for you

• Posted

i have RLS _& usually appears when my feet are hot & I use Balneum Cream whicj suits me but might not be for everyone

• Posted

i have RLS _& usually appears when my feet are hot & I use Balneum Cream whicj suits me but might not be for everyone

• Posted

I'm on gabepentin for restless legs they help me no restless legs sorry spelt medication wrong but same as you

• Posted

It's like a miracle drug. I guess when you've been on them for years you forget how beneficial and helpful they are until you have a break and everything gets worse. I could believe the benefits following a break from them.

Hope they keep working for you!

• Posted

Yes definitely noticed the difference was up all night with restless legs now can sleep what a relief

• Posted

I prefer my balneum cream because any i dont think the medication mentioned will be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.