Restless legs help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iam on paroxetine 20mg and clonazepam 0.5 mg since 1 month ago to help me sleep at night but what i wonder about when i want to sleep at daytime to take a nap and feeling my legs are ok i cant sleep also at night if i dont take clonazepam why??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My restless legs its a type of continuous type of simple pain but some times when i feel ok in the bed and want to sleep i cant... i have 5 from 5 months ago....maybe i became insomniac
  • Posted

Try this to help sleep.

a warm bed...Use a hot water bottle if available =Pre heat the bed.Warmth assists sleep.it assists & relaxes.Have a set time to retire to bed=a strict regime.,regardless wether you sleep or not=You must help the body to be disciplined,a regular pattern.Loss of sleep disrupts the body time clock= assist it to become regulated in sleep pattern.

if you allow insomnia to rule over the body clock..it will so,RE ADJUST it.Assist the mind & body to have a pattern again.Only way to do that is..to do it.No matter Create a regular regime....the body+mind will adjust,It motivates if you allow yourself too.

No sleep..then dismiss it...ignore but stick to the time for sleep as per usual.The Time to sleep as normal must be kept to.=Only way the body will now naturally learn,..to re adjus its body clock..

Sooner/later you will sleep.Awake/Proceed with the day & retire at night..The same time every night.Your sleep pattern will improve etc.

Without a pattern to stand by= No body clock!no body clock= disrupted sleep at any time of day.

Get the sleep patern back...the body adjusts accordingly.Less stress,anxiety.

• Posted

Your sleep pattern will improve . Your body will tell you when you want to sleep. It is as simple as that. The minute you feel that you need to go to bed then go. The other tips such asbing warm, heat pads, hot water bottles are important too. I find a mug of hot milk helps too.
    • Posted

If you sleep without a set pattern-It disrupts the body's natural Time clock cycle. Regain the body's natural clock & control=The body soon adapts=Assist it instead of rejecting & allowing self entrapment to naturally occur. Confidence grows with the self induced control.

Warm milk is a natural sedative-Babies sleep because of the intake of milk.Milk won't affect medication.It relaxes as well as being beneficial,thus aids sleep.

sleeping tablets..un natural sleep.+obvious side affects.

To be active during the day assists everything.Physical activity =Body time clock regime.

Warmth,aids.... relaxation..the inner Time clock; assisting it gains control=recovery from insomnia.Deliberate intervention,reliance upon sleeping tablets..causes other obstacles that can be avoided.they don't cure,.. they cause etc etc

• Posted

You have restless legs .... are you on medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.