Results

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I was at the Docs yesterday and I am not peri menopausal I am in the full menopause!!!  No wonder I have been feeling terrible!!  I have been referred to menopause clinic and until then I am going to try natural rememdies.  Busy B and rainforest 100 release.  If this does not work I am going to seriously consider HRT....could not live like this!!XX

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Best to you, there is much information on this forum you will find helpful. We all have much respect and support for one another no matter what you decide ! XO Loretta
  • Posted

Hi Margaret , at least you know why you feel so dreadful ! I was considering HRT to try and help with mood swings and was actually prescribed it , but since then have discovered that taking HRT just delays the menopause ,so when you eventually do come off it ,the symptoms kick in again ! Not sure if it's worth trying to get through it without HRT because can't face having to go through it all in a few years time ! 
    • Posted

Hi sarah

Yep. I was also told that HRT would only delay menopause etc.  But - and this is a big BUT - do I want  ever-increasing hot flushes,continue moaning all the time, crying more frequently, ache like a swine all day and night, become a permanent insomnic (shall I go on?!).

Or do I want to take HRT, reclaim some of my old self and, if I'm lucky, partake in the occasional  bit of rumpy pumpy? 

Seriously, what's the alternative: I struggle with Peri symptoms,  wait until I'm post-menopausal, by which time I'm a complete physical wreak, and dry up, while the lead's broke in my ol' man's pencil??!!!!  Its so bloody unfair: why are men and women rarely in sync? 

Well I think HRT's sounding very good from where I'm standing!  I think I'll opt to deal with a 'deferred' menopause, so I can enjoy a relatively decent quality of life, and by the time I wean off it, I won't care who I shout at, sweat over or care less if I ever have sex again!!!  

2 of my sisters swore by HRT: the eldest said 'The sex was great!' - she's now 71 and couldn't give a monkey's about sex.  I rest my case: HRT is must be!! cheesygrin x

• Posted

Well that's me told !!!!! ,you go for it let me know how you get on ! 
  • Posted

Hi margaret

In a way that's great news. You may have read so many posts on here with ladies having blood tests only to be told they're not in Peri- let alone Menopause.

I'd say there's a few of us who are envious that you actually have a menopause Clinic to attend:  I live in Kent, UK and am almost certain I know of no such Clinics.  I'd be waiting for their door to be opened on Monday morning if I had one to attend!

I too thought that I'd try the 'natural' route as at the mo I don't have too many really rotten symptoms - aside from the constant moaning; insomnia; joint aches & pains; moaning, moaning, moaning.....did I say moaning?!!No hot flushes to speak of yet, and still regular as clockwork, but at 54, I've had enough of the black moods, as I'm a cheery soul who likes a good laugh normally.

Having spoke to my next sister up, she advises that I not be a Martyr to it, and reclaim some of my life with the aid of HRT.  She's 62 and has been taking it for 7yrs. Her GP foolishly suggested she consider weaning off of it!  Can't see that happening any time soon - she came out the Surgery with her repeat prescription for her HRT.  That sister can be very persuasive indeed ha, ha!  Besides, she's a total nut-job without and would be a danger to society if she were to stop now.  She's retiring this Summer, so she can decide (with her foolish GP!) when the best time might be.  Emmm, I'd say never ha, ha!!lol

My dear ol' mum (would be 95 RIP x) had no choice but she always advised us girls to have whatever we wanted to make it easier being a woman. Be that contraceptive, childbirth and I'm totally sure she'd have told us to consider HRT.  (We're probably lucky that there isn't a history of breast cancer in our extended family, so I feel quite confident that it'll be worth giving it a go. But that dear ol' mum had to endure 3 hip replacement ops and none of us want that.)

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do margaret.  But just think:  HRT is there for the taking, and it might be the best thing you've ever considered taking - just ask my sisters!! x

• Posted

Hi Shaznay, there are menopause clinics here in the UK ,one in Oxford , Hull , London and Manchester as far as I can ascertain ! Only prob is you have to be referred by your GP ,not sure if the London one which would be closest to you in Kent is NHS though ,the one in Oxford which is relatively close to me is NHS might be worth looking into though ! 
    • Posted

That's interesting to know about menopause clinics, does anyone know what they can do for you.after 9 years of hell with flushes and no sleep I would be interested in this.
    • Posted

Thanks sarah.  I hope to be moving home/county (possibly) sometime this year.  I'm banking on something happening soon  so that I can feel truly justified in getting my HRT.  I don't think I'm that bad, and am feeling particularly good this week.  However.....my menopausal, HRT-taking sister and I had Tea together on Tuesday and after a few hours of me she said 'Do you think you should give HRT a try now?'!!  And only today in the supermarket, my husband told me off for not letting a woman pass with her shopping trolley, and I honestly do not see where he was coming from.  Maybe its time for that HRT afterall!! 

Thanks for the Clinic info. Because I'm a newbie to this peri-stuff, I don't know how long I should leave it and how bad I should start to feel before I go back to my GP to ask for blood tests and possible starting HRT.  I'm sure their budget would never stretch to referrals (big practice, that I think is excellent regarding their flexibility and appointment system). Maybe by spending a proper appointment talking about what might be best for me, I'll find that good enough. 

But you'll probably agree with me when I say that when you consider that ALL women go through the Menopause, and many suffer recognised physical and mental symptoms, why in 2015 is it still treated almost as a taboo and a bad Frankie Boyle joke opportunity?!! 

Thanks againf or the info. x

• Posted

Your welcome ,not sure about the blood tests being that reliable for peri ,which I'm assuming I am at the age of 50 next month (AARGH) ,had blood tests done and they came back inconclusive ,think perhaps they have to be taken at certain times of the month ,which my GP failed to explain ,actually think my GP found the whole thing a tad boring and wanted me out ASAP ,so really am no further forward ,just take each day at a time and hope to have a good day ! 
  • Posted

Thank you ladies.....I will discuss with the clinic and weigh stuff up.  I am very active and go to the gym all the time; just love it!!! I have had many injuries and I think this is connected and I am so ill with the symptoms that I am in bed and it last for weeks!!  Pros and cons.  I am quite at the moment so I hope it lasts.  I am pleased to have a diagnosis and also the peri was over with little prob, just some night sweats and sore breasts and a bit of itching......but this is different, pure hell!!!XXX
    • Posted

Margaret, 

Failed to mention earlier I am on HRT age 58, tried to wean off 3x's now, symptoms came back with a vengence, back to my full dose 3 days ago and they will have to put me in an induced coma to get me off of these pills!  I feel much better like your sister's on it and I am certifiable insane off!!!  I feel like a drug addict needing a rehab clinic to wean me off....until then I will fight to my death for that prescription in the US!!!  xo best to you!!! Loretta

• Posted

loretta

I don't take much advice from my sister(s), but knowing what she's like without this stuff, I will treat her like my personal Guru on all things HRT/Peri-menopause. 

If you're ever in the UK I'll introduce you to my sister.  But knowing what I know, you'd recognise her straight away without any introduction as a kindred spirit lol!!

Keep feeling good.

• Posted

Thank you Shaznay!  I would love to meet your sister.... I am sure she is awesome! You as well feel well no point in suffering through life, I don't believe we were meant to! 

Xo Loretta

• Posted

Hi, I think it would be worth looking up the Danish study whcich was quite a large piece of research regarding HRT. Some of it's findings were that the earleir women start HRT the better.  Older women may have more phsical health problems and therefore more at risk from taking this....it also said that women on HRT overall were healthier!!  It is only one piece of research and was critisised for only having white women in it but it is worth a read I think; that's if some of you haven't already...just google it.XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.