Results are in

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there,

Ok I spoke with my doctor and I have a consult with her next week to go over options of removing them. The largest is 6cm.

Is surgery the only way she will remove these or are there other ways?

I don't bleed at all, because the birth control pill I am on doesn't give me much of a cycle. I am on this because my cycles were getting worse and heavy I needed to do something. Now I'm wondering if being on this is hindering me by NOT bleeding and if it's contributing to the bloat I have too.

Does anyone else feel full after eating just a few bites or is this just me?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Btw, please make sure that when you discuss fibroid removal with your dr to stress that you want to keep your uterus and have the possibility of pregnancy.

Just fyi, my surgeon told me usually after a myomectomy you have 1.5-2 years until you will need surgery again. They tend to return.

Also after a myomectomy the dr will strongly advise giving birth via cesarean because natural labor could rupture the uterus especially in someone who has had previous surgery on their uterus.

• Posted

Congratulations Helen!! That is happy news!!!

Thank you so much for the information. You have really helped me see how this can go. I've printed out the procedures and I'm going to read about them today when I get home. These buggers returning is a bummer.

I couldn't give birth the naturally. sad

I have a fusion in my neck a plate and 6 screws.

• Posted

Morning ladies. 5th day after my hysterectomy. Ovaries were fine so left alone. Esmya had made no difference to the size of my fibroid. My uterus was full and size of cantaloupe melon. Surgeon could hardly remove it through the horizontal incision. It was all stuck to my bladder hence regular night time visits to the toilet.

Sore stiff and look like I'm about 5 months pregnant. V little sleep as bladder still needs to be emptied regularly through the night. Think it's rather battered and bruised. ..

so feeling a bit sorry for myself but I know things will start to improve :0)

Fingers crossed you are offered surgery very soon x

• Posted

Morning, sounds like you are doing ok, take it easy when moving around. Did they know before that the fibroid was stuck to the bladder. During my myomectomy i had an enlarged uterus and my fibroids were not well defined so hard to remove from the uterus, so now having an mri to see whats left in there.

The swelling will go down, i am 5 weeks following myomectomy and its just starting now to go down. Wish you well and take rest , do not do to much. 

• Posted

Morning. No they didn't realise it was all stuck together. . I'm learning to move around about 30-40 mins after I've taken my painkillers and to roll in and out of bed. .. showering yesterday was vile... stitch out tomorrow so hopefully the sharp pulling sensation will go. ..

its very boring lying in bed. Feel like a little old granny. ..... best wishes for your continued progress and gd luck with the Mrs scan. R x

• Posted

Awww sounds like you're miserable. I'm sorry!! You can absolutely feel sorry for yourself. Please take care!!!
    • Posted

oh yes remeber the rolling n and out of bed,  it will get easier with time. i know it feels rubbish being an old granny, but take the time to recovery, don't rush
    • Posted

Tha nk you very much I will remember to roll. I know the stomach muscles will be very sore.

Keep your chin up! And thank you for letting us know how you are doing

• Posted

hi dear, i was placed on esmya for 3months cous mine was 6cm and 3cm.didnt bleed for those months till now cos i finished 1st of april so going for a checkup next week.but will let u know how far it goes.it is well.biggrin
    • Posted

Hi!!

Thank you smile

Good luck with your checkup. Please let us know how it goes with you and how you feel!!!

This is to shrink the fibroid, but doesn't take place of surgery correct?

• Posted

Yes thats right ,Esmya is a pre operative drug that shrinks the fibs prior to surgery so that its easier to remove them. It works for some but not for others. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.