Results from blood test

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a blood test - 3 weeks ago and waited for the results

I was told that "somethng was amiss" with my test after 3 days and had to return for a second test - the results have not been given to me yet

Am I to assume that all is well - unless I am told differently ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probably misplaced your test but it could be anything and no way of knowing just yet. Once your results are in ask for a copy of both if any are out of range or close to the boundaries post again. That's if you don't get a rationale. 

• Posted

Sorry for the delay

I had a retest and have not been told either way of the result - so am assuming that it is now OK ?

Surgeries are quick enough to call you back for re tests - but don't give results out when there is no problem - that is WRONG !!

• Posted

Depends on what you mean by ok? If you still feel unwell then you should definitely get a copy of your results. There are countless stories (mine included) where patients have been borderline but could benefit from treatment. However they were not informed and spent ages suffering needlessly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.