Results in a couple days?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is it a good sign after a pelvic ultrasound when the sonographer tells you the results will be with your doctor in a couple days? You would think if it was something suspicious, like a mass, they would have said sooner (like by end of day), right?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mine were sent same day to GP but I didn't get them until 2 weeks later as there was a clerical mix up at gp surgery.

• Posted

Hi Charcy!

Yes, I think if it was something suspicious they would get back to you sooner. Typically, it's the next day with any of those. I think you can rest a little easier. I just returned from my appointment. They did a vaginal ultrasound right in the office. I kept my eyes peeled on that screen. I kept comparing it to all the pics I saw online with my "Dr. Google paranoid eyes!" I saw the familiar "circle" and knew it was a cyst. After that they proceeded in taking my blood pressure, and I informed them it would be off the charts...and it was! Yikes! When the Dr. entered she said the news was not all that bad! It is a "simple cyst" NOT CANCER!! and that she will watch for another 6 weeks but wants to remove it eventually due to my age and not wanting something to remain and become sinister. I cannot tell you how happy I am! I seriously thought I was going to pass out before she came in. She did give me the CA125 blood test, so we will see how that goes. Those results will come Friday, but for now I'm going to do the happy dance! Take care, and I'm sure you'll be fine too!

• Posted

That’s great news for you! Awesome! Congrats!

Yeah, I tried to look at the screen when she did the test, but she had it turned away from me so I couldn’t see it. I’m hoping it’s all normal news! I think I’m gonna call my doctors office tomorrow morning and see if they can get my results for me sooner. I feel a little bit more at ease, but still not quite comfortable.  I feel like a total basket case!

I spoke with my ultrasonographer friend who said that they aren’t trained to always treat masses as an emergent need to notify the physician right away....only if it were imminently life threatening. I was hoping she was going to tell me the opposite. So, that didn’t really help. 🤦🏼???

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?

• Posted

Scratch that! Lol. I just saw your previous post where you posted that! 😁 Thank you again for all of your support! I really appreciate the few who comment on here. It alleviates the nerves a little bit. 😬

• Posted

Hi Charcey, this is quite normal for the sonographer to advice you that the results will be with your GP in a few days - they will often say 10 - this is due to the results being checked first by a radiologist (consultant) if they were suspicious of anything at all (not necessarily cancer) they would raise this with the radiologist immediately 

Hope that puts your mind at rest, my sonographer actually told me that I had a haemoragic cyst whilst I was being scanned 

• Posted

Apologies I pressed send before I had finished my sentence 🙄

The good news is I’ve had mine taken away by  laparoscopy only 4wk ago and I’m fine was up and about within a few days and went to the coast with my 7 & 2 year old children two weeks after (my point is it’s not such a bad procedure if you have to have it done) also something to bare in mind a lot of cysts will go away on their own. Keep thinking happy thoughts - wishing you all the very best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.