Results jumping from hyper to hypo

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my meds reduced from 150mcg levo to 50mcg Levo because my results have been jumping from hyper to hypo my symptoms are feeling cold anxiety puffy eyes tiredness heavy periods dry skin hard stool joint pain swollen thyroid 

Diagnosed hypothyroid 2023 please help

Dec 2017 (50mcg Levo)

TSH 4.70 (0.2 - 4.2)

FT4 14.8 (12 - 22)

FT3 3.5 (3.1 - 6.8)

Thankyou

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

2013 that should read  
  • Posted

Your numbers look close to normal though TSH is a bit high. That was a pretty major reduction in medication. Did these symptoms start only after the reduction?

Have you had an ultrasound on the thyroid?

• Posted

Thankyou I have had major changes in my dose, the most I have been on is 175mcg levo with 10mcg T3 and then I had a reduction to 25mcg levo which caused TSH 6.8 (0.2 - 4.2) FT4 12.7 (12 - 22) FT3 4.1 (3.1 - 6.8)

I had 2 ultrasounds on my thyroid and both have shown thyroid enlarged. Second one showed thyroid was hypoechoic ?

Have had symptoms since T3 stopped in June 2017

• Posted

All those results are on the low side and with TSH over 6 you should be able to up your dose easily. If you have hashimotos you don't want a TSH that high. Think you have UK lab ranges which are different from US. That was a 175 mcg w 10mcg T3. That was high dose.but I was on 200mcg years ago and barely felt it no sides...wouldnt think levo had sides if I didnt read it did. Read recently that obese people have the highest FT3....surprising.

• Posted

Sorry you said tsh now 4 something. But if you have swelling and your numbers are low normal you can still use an increase. Maybe alternate days at first. But you were on a high dose before. Make sure your IRON FERRITIN are ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.