Results of Blood Tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just had a follow up consult with my Consultant Haematologist to discuss the results of a range of blood tests taken early in September.

Of significance is elevated Liver enzymes, for which an ultrasound of the liver is being booked to investigate further.

One other result indicated a result (npt sure which) being on the low side, which promoted the Haematologist to consider upping my dose of Apixaban from 2.5 mg twice daily to 5mg twice daily.

However, she felt that this should be held in abeyance until the results of my Liver ultrasound are known.

I will keep you all posted!

Good luck to everyone who is on the Anticoagulation journey!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had tried apixaban but i didnt feel well on it and my gp said therapeutic dose was 5mg twice daily. Seemed a lot to me so ended up on warfarin.  Had a scan for gallbladder to come out and radiologist reading it said i had fatty liver. Dont know what this means as gp says normal range tests. Does anyone know if warfarin causes fatty liver? 
    • Posted

According to my GP, the vast majority of the population have a fatty liver, with no major ill effects. He is not overly concerned about my liver function test results and reassured me that Anticoagulants do not cause this condition. A high sugar diet and excessive alcohol consumption may do so. Cut back on sugar and lose any excess weight appears to be a good place to start with regard to liver health!
  • Posted

This morning’s post included a summary of my consult with my Haematologist, which I would appreciate assistance with understanding!

Long Term Apixaban of 2.5 mg running a peak of 46. What does this mean?

Elevated ALT at 53iu and gamma GT of 76iu. What does this mean?

Any advice most welcome as an Internet search did not reveal much!

Best wishes

Nigel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.