Results of frozen shoulder

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had surgery oct.22 2015 went thru physical therapy for six weeks I had a follow -up the resuls I developed frozen shoulder my therapist tried to help release the scar tissue as I was lying on therapeutic table had tears and jumping on the table like a fish out of water .so I am back for six more week and then I have to make a diddissition to have surgery or go for round three is very painfuland it limits your life style .my injury is work related and it's along f

Story ,my question to the shoulder does anyone has experienced neck pain due to shoulder ?and scapula. .pain. doctor is not convinced my neck is not related he is with owcp ,my injured shoulder is my left and my right shoulder pops ,hurt s posabiliy tennis elbow due to over use.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes Divita, as my shoulder pain and stiffness worsened I had increased pain in the neck and a lot of inflammation around the scapula. The Doc told me it was all related to the inflamed bursa (which is incredibly painful). I could barely turn my head without having a dizzy spell. As the months went by and it eventually started to ease so did the neck pain and dizzy spells disappeared.

I was like you in the beginning - walking out of the Physio room in tears from the pain of the manipulation. But I did notice it got better within a couple of days of each visit and I kept up gentle exercises daily. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hello mentapause, your information left me in Peace knowing it's not me loosing it ,I just don't understand why the surgeon/department of labor both told me neck/scapula are not related it time for me to have a second opinion I don't trust nether of

Them ,they really think we are not educated ,and I thank this site for caring and helpful folks ,we can comfort us frozen victim

It's rely helpful thank you again mentapause

• Posted

Yes it is sad really isn't it? We have all been educated to accept blindly what a Dr tells us? I know it is not their fault, they cannot know everything, but really.....when it comes to our health, we tend to put a lot of trust in them - wishing you well x
    • Posted

No worries Divita.  You have my sympathy/empathy. I am now almost fully recovered & will never take my good health for granted again! I remember in the early days of FS my Physio said "this will take up to a year or more before you will feel better"... my response was "geez, pregnancy is only 9 months and I dont recall labour being half this painful"! The tough part was people at work thinking that I was faking it or just trying to get attention. I hadn't been at my current job long when this thing took hold but the only time I missed work was when I had the cortisone injection into the bursa via ultrasound-my boss told me to take the rest of the day off. . One day I overheard a couple of the office girls saying that I was really milking my sore shoulder .. (I would go into the ladies room to do my exercises several times a day). I was mortified so I got the xray report and took it to them - needless to say they were a bit redfaced as they didn't know I'd overheard them! I don't even know how I got mine but apparently it can happen just by reaching around the wrong way.  I hope you can find a Doc and Physio who will help you. Good Luck mate, from  MP in Australia!
    • Posted

Which state are you MP? I am finding it hard to gelation (trying not to have to fly up to QLD again for this procedure. THey told me that the cortisone list was 5 weeks wait where I am in NSW? In QLD it was 4 days, so off I went, what relief EXCEPT now the pain is back, albeit I only had it into my bursa, not the full hydrodilation to release the FS. Just wondered if you had experienced the wait times?
    • Posted

NOT gelation - that is meant to read "get hydrodilation"
    • Posted

Hello Clair ,I haven't got to that stage yet ,I did have cortisone shots and again it's just a bandage,the way it sounds is that we are going to have pain the rest of my years is there really a cure ???

And be pain free will I be able to go back to work ,can't lift my left arm shoulder hight,I have 18 hours of therapy can it be done this is my second 18 hrs of therapy ,can't even trust my doctor

Anymore,ever scene he and the nurse said my neck was not related ,I don't know how can I n

Convinced my. Ortho doc,

• Posted

Hi Claire, I'm in Victoria. No, I was pretty lucky I guess. I was initially sent for xray and ultrasound (at Dorevitch Pathology) which showed the problem. So my Doc gave me referral to go back to the same place for a cortisone shot into the bursa - done by their resident doctor (guided by ultrasound). It was only a couple of days that I had to wait & that was because their resident doctor is not in everday. Maybe if you were to ring a few pathology services in your area & if you find one ask your Doc for a referral to that one.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply MP. I have had a couple of decent days albeit it is still frozen stiff and I am unable to move it up and down...(hilarious as  teach and the kids wonder why all my whiteboard writing is along the bottom of the board!)

I will call around to see if Newcastle has anything - that's not too far away.

Good luck!

• Posted

Good to see you have a sense of humour about it. Can't say that I did. I work in an office (desk jockey!) - had to transfer my mouse to the other hand (totally unco - it was ridiculous!) and I also look after things like putting stationery away so opening & unpacking boxes etc then having to flatten the boxes to put in recycling hopper... Doing that nearly killed me so I had to ask for help. The one person who helped was our lovely cleaning guy.. he came in early to help me... as it turns out he's sufferered with bad shoulders in the past. I remember one day one of the guys I work with came in and asked to borrow my pen, I picked the pen up, stood up, leaned forward to hand him the pen because, well, my arm was pretty much welded to my side. He watched me in disbelief, He said that I should go have an operation but my Physio convinced me otherwise. I feel like I am lucy to have got through this as I have because not so many others can say the same.
    • Posted

Huh, here I go replying to my own post... just incase anyone reading that is wondering "well did she go to work in her pj's - if it was that bad how did she dress herself".... my answer is - " with great diffuculty and pain. I would get up half an hour early to allow myself extra time to get ready for the day. I wasn't getting much sleep during that time anyway so getting up early was a relief. Dressing was excrutiating & the tears would flow.... I took to wearing button up blouses so I didn't have to put things over my head. My heart truly goes out to anyone sufferring with FS. Ok, it's a physical thing and not life threatening (hopefully) but it certainly does a number on you.
  • Posted

So sorry divita,

this frozen shoulder has made me feel like an invalid. I am so sorry for you. My neck is stiff all the time it feels like a board.I also have scalpula pain it is especially bad if I lean on my scalpula. I also have pain that runs down my arm into my hand in my forearm and bicep is well .it's difficult just to even text because I have tendinitis in both of my arms. Davidait's difficult just to even text because I have tendinitis in both of my arms. Divita I looked up on my computer the name David Nolan he is a physical therapist and Boston . He recognizes that there is a connection between having your neck be too forward and frozen shoulder.my shoulder iare also too forward as well so if I sit too long or walk too long my whole body seems to ache. I don't even leave the house anymore . But I live far away from David Nolan but if you read his site on adhesive capsulitis he seems to make a lot of sense he treats not just shoulder but neck and posture. Please keep in touch sorry must go arm aches. This condition really is so miserable. Hope you get relief some how , read that case study though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.